You are not logged in. Please register or login.

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

Re: Went To GUNS N' ROSES rehearsal today...link!

RussTCB wrote:

removed

Rex
 Rep: 50 

Rex wrote:

He sang the high shit on SoD in Boston in 02 too I believe.

RussTCB

RussTCB wrote:

removed

war
 Rep: 108 

war wrote:
russtcb wrote:

The only reason I disagree (on The Blues at least) is because he sang it with the high note at the end twice in 02 and I was there for one of them. My guess is that with that track he at least recorded it that way originally.

I agree that he sounds better on those mid to lower versions of the high notes though. I'm just hoping that those high notes in ITW don't stop it from being included regularly.

I was thinking that the notes at the end of TWaT were the reason it only got played twice (I got to be there for one of those too!) in 2006. So I'm hoping ITW goes the way of IRS & The Blues instead of TWaT

yeah that makes as much sense as what im saying but i am sticking with my stance

i think there were recorded versions of sod in '02 - hence the playing around with the high notes live

and if you look at any demos that you can get your hands on - there is always less varaiation in pitch than in the final studio versions

RussTCB

RussTCB wrote:

removed

war
 Rep: 108 

war wrote:

same on both of what?

Sky Dog wrote:

this one is bogging down fast....:lol:

RussTCB

RussTCB wrote:

removed

Gagarin
 Rep: 50 

Gagarin wrote:
russtcb wrote:
war wrote:

same on both of what?

The demo version of The Blues and the one that ended up on the album.

I think there's another version besides the demos we got (MSL/Skwerl, etc) and the album.

The Boston promo clip sounds... just higher. Maybe the pitch was changed or distorted when they put it in the package, but it sounds different to me. Worth another hear by some other sets of ears.

TSI
 Rep: 2 

TSI wrote:

T
his is mainly directed at John Divney, 40+ is not exactly nursing home candidate, and a trained voice is a valuable tool to have...I don't see why people insist on bringing the age factor in-during the UYI tour he had a few off nights as well,and sounded like he had been gargling clorox! example: The Deer Park concert in Indiana-wasn't his best vocally, but I blame it on the trauma of being back in Indiana where a lot of concert-goers knew him before the fact. That could be enough to freak anybody out! (Before the incident in St.Louis his vocals were actually quite good, but when all hell broke loose I chose to leave-I'm allergic to cops! The concerts-some better than others yes! but for me nobody holds a candle to GNR when all is going good!! I'd rather see GNR on an "off" night than anyone else on a good night!
That is just my opinion though!!Did anyone else catch the cuckoo club appearance? I'd give a piece of my soul to have that proshot!!!!

Board footer