You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Mikkamakka
 Rep: 217 

Re: Went To GUNS N' ROSES rehearsal today...link!

Mikkamakka wrote:

I still say that setlist was posted for marketing reasons only and they didn't plan to play those songs (since it was clear the album wouldn't come out in the near future). Doesn't matter anyway.

war
 Rep: 108 

war wrote:
Mikkamakka wrote:

I still say that setlist was posted for marketing reasons only and they didn't plan to play those songs (since it was clear the album wouldn't come out in the near future). Doesn't matter anyway.

If that were true there would have been no cd songs on the set list 16

Where's Buzzz - I want karma for that one

Sky Dog wrote:
Mikkamakka wrote:

I don't think you could be any more wrong.....they "thought" the album was coming in 2006....no doubt about it.

Mikkamakka
 Rep: 217 

Mikkamakka wrote:

No, that 'setlist' is from one of the last shows and Axl knew then that the album wasn't done and wouldn't be done. So that was a fake setlist, just to help selling some shows with the 'promise' of new songs to be played. It was a marketing tool.

I said the same years ago and people didn't question it. Cause it was true, or easily believable. Since then the album was released (2 years later...) and now that you have CD and GN'R is preparing for a new tour it's very likely that they will play Prostitute. So your perception has changed and it affects the past, how you see that now. It's nothing new, it also happens with historians etc. But then, knowing the fact the album wasn't done, it was unlikely for them to play another CD song, that wasn't leaked before.

Anyway, I didn't want to hijack the thread.

elevendayempire
 Rep: 96 

madagas wrote:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8Ve5Jx5x … re=related

3:05 in...Izzy and Tommy locked in the pocket......

Gotta say, for all that I love Bumble, I miss the Buckethead version of Nightrain - the absence of that little "extra" solo he does after his first solo on the song is keenly felt...

Y'know the bit - 2:21 on this video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QWK99RS18JQ

Board footer