You are not logged in. Please register or login.

emcitymisfit
 Rep: 28 

Re: Re-emergance of Axl Rose

emcitymisfit wrote:

Axl ain't Axl without the rants.

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

You know, it didn't even dawn on me about those Dec. shows being right around the corner.

I agree with James that it'll be 2006 revisted. They'll just pick up where they left off in Australia in 2007, with the exception of DJ taking Ron's place. No new look, no setlist changes, same show.

faldor
 Rep: 281 

faldor wrote:
Axlin08 wrote:

You know, it didn't even dawn on me about those Dec. shows being right around the corner.

I agree with James that it'll be 2006 revisted. They'll just pick up where they left off in Australia in 2007, with the exception of DJ taking Ron's place. No new look, no setlist changes, same show.

Man, I find that hard to believe.

But, we'll find out soon enough.

So these firthand accounts of the band rehearsing the "new" songs do nothing for you?  They just practicing them for the hell of it?  Again, I don't see why they would play the same set of songs.  They added songs from 2002 to 2006, basically because we got the leaks.  Now we got the album, wouldn't it stand to reason we'd get to hear more songs?  Seems like the logical line of reasoning.  And I know, GNR doesn't follow any logic, but like I said.  They didn't have to play the leaks in 2006, but they did.  So why would they disregard the other half of the album now that its out?

Naltav
 Rep: 70 

Naltav wrote:

It just dawned on me yesterday that these Asian dates are in fact right around the corner! So I'm very excited!

Not expecting Axl to look any different, but then again he changed his "look" quite a bit from 02 to 06. From the baggy sport-outfits in 02 to more like a biker-rock-dude in 06. So we'll see...

According to the info from rehearsals we'll be getting a few "new" songs from CD, which I think is great! But no doubt they will play the old hits from the back catalog, to be realistic, it's what 80-90% of the crowds are there for.
Just like all other bands with massive hits tend to do.... No biggie!

If the reported stage-setup is in fact true, looks like the production-side of the show has been given more attention this time around! Cool!

The wishfull-thinking part of brain is also silently hoping for one or two new unheard songs....  smile

Axlin16

Axlin16 wrote:
faldor wrote:
Axlin08 wrote:

Man, I find that hard to believe.

But, we'll find out soon enough.

So these firthand accounts of the band rehearsing the "new" songs do nothing for you?  They just practicing them for the hell of it?  Again, I don't see why they would play the same set of songs.  They added songs from 2002 to 2006, basically because we got the leaks.  Now we got the album, wouldn't it stand to reason we'd get to hear more songs?  Seems like the logical line of reasoning.  And I know, GNR doesn't follow any logic, but like I said.  They didn't have to play the leaks in 2006, but they did.  So why would they disregard the other half of the album now that its out?

I guess call me "cautiously pessimestic" about those rehearsals.

I think they rehearsed quite a few songs in 2006 that never got performed, either due to lack of interest or a fading window of CD's release.

So in a way, I see it as, "just because it's rehearsed, doesn't mean it'll be played". I'd be curious to see a full hard copy sheet of everything they rehearsed.

I've made it quite clear, if Axl changes up that setlist with alot more of CD, and especially UYI, he'll win me back on his side within seconds.

I'm just doing what madagas (I think it was) suggested... "expect nothing, so when you get more, you'll be pleasently surprised" or something to that effect.

johndivney wrote:

i expect it to go off. it'll be memorable one way or another.

i reckon it'll be a triumph or a disaster. which of course is the safe, sitting on the fence, prediction that could accompany any GnR tour...
there is a chance it could pass off without any major incidents or achievements like the '06 tour. but i reckon if canada goes well the subseqent tour has a fair chance of being a resounding success. if the canada dates go tits up... well..

Axlin16

Axlin16 wrote:

The greatest Christmas gift of all...

Would be that Guns FINALLY gets off the ground again and becomes an active touring and studio outputting band.

Of course that would be a Christmas miracle, but believe me, it will be in the back of my mind, even still "maybe, just maybe, this time will be different".

GOD, i'm such a battered wife. 16

metallex78
 Rep: 194 

metallex78 wrote:

I could care less about anything else, I just hope the red bandanna makes a return... 16

Naltav
 Rep: 70 

Naltav wrote:
Axlin08 wrote:

I've made it quite clear, if Axl changes up that setlist with alot more of CD, and especially UYI, he'll win me back on his side within seconds.

Yeah, because a person who visit fansites daily really needs to be won over...

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:

i dunno if he'll change his look much... i dont really care tbh as long as he sounds killer 9

only 9 days! i hope we can get setlists fom the shows...but i have a feeling that all but the tokyo dates may be a mystery

it would be cool if fernando or dell provided updates or setlists after the gigs, but somehow i doubt that will happen..would be cool though

Board footer