You are not logged in. Please register or login.

mitchejw
 Rep: 130 

Re: Re-emergance of Axl Rose

mitchejw wrote:

It was really loud though...

Bono
 Rep: 386 

Bono wrote:
mitchejw wrote:

alright...i'll bite...

I used to like U2...but then I saw them live...and saw what a fucking tool Bono can be...

His 'stage performance' was more like...'walk around...look at me...and my almost too big for the stadium stage'

I don't know how anyone could ever say Axl's ego is that big...when you see a stage with 7 bridges, 4,000 tvs, 46 archers and a river...

Meanwhile...I never really did see any of ther other members of the band...they sorta just stood in one spot like statues...

2 bridges(which allow the band to get out into the middle of the stadium), 1 360 degree screen, 4 archs, one river.....errrr.... inner pit for the crowd. And to say the rest of he band just stood in one spot is laugable. Even Larry walks around the perimeter of the stage durring one song and he play drums.  The Edge is out on the cat walk all the time as is Adam. I know this as I saw the show in person 4 times.  Plus they have that 45 ton HD video screen. How the fuck did you not see anyone else? And if you're upset about having to watch a  screen to see them, why the hell did you go see them in a  STADIUM? 14

Bono does have a bigger than life on stage ego and maybe off stage as well but he's fucking Bono. How anyone can bitch about Bono's onstage "look at me" performance and then turn around and have respect for Axl's "humble" approach is beyond me.  They're fucking rockstars!  Bono though doesn't stop shows consistently mid song to flex his muscle by kicking out fans who I'll bet 9 times outta 10 haven't done a damn thing wrong. I swear to God Axl Rose doing that in 2006 was staged. Probably planted "fans". I'd put money on it.  16 Maybe not but fuck it's every show and he's te only guy who ever does it. How is it only Axl Rose does this and manages to do it every show. Either he's an idiot and wants to portray a "badass" image or his fans are just morons neutral

hate the U2 360 show that's fine but The 360 tour got glowing rave reviews from pretty much every critic and media outlet from a production standpoint to a perfomance standpoint. Almost impossible to take a "it sucks" opinion seriously.  They're playing stadiums dude. They're trying to do something different. Next you'll bitch about how unenviromentally friendly the prodution is. Honestly I never knew "The stage was too big" could be a legit complaint when they're playing in venues 4 , 5, 6  times the size of what Gn'R plays. roll

Why do I even care about this shit?  That's your opinion mitchejw and that's cool. It just blows my mind how we could've possibly seen the same tour  14

Bono
 Rep: 386 

Bono wrote:

But yeah stop talking about U2 you goofs 14  This is a Guns N' Roses/Axl Rose topic 19

emcitymisfit
 Rep: 28 

emcitymisfit wrote:
Bono wrote:

But yeah stop talking about U2 you goofs 14  This is a Guns N' Roses/Axl Rose topic 19

We should talk about MIA instead big_smilelol3

Stepvhen
 Rep: 58 

Stepvhen wrote:
emcitymisfit wrote:
Bono wrote:

Ha ha yeah if it was up to James this place would be renamed M.I.A-Garden

war
 Rep: 108 

war wrote:

bono is brilliant and one of my favortie all time frontment but, in a live setting, i give the edge to axl. there are other areas where bono is better though.

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

buzzsaw
 Rep: 423 

buzzsaw wrote:

Bono is a better singer than Axl is live with rare exceptions.

emcitymisfit
 Rep: 28 

emcitymisfit wrote:
buzzsaw wrote:

Bono is a better singer than Axl is live with rare exceptions.

Agreed. U2 isn't my favorite band ever, but he kinda blew me away on the 360 tour. Saw him in Houston and couldn't believe how well his voice held up at that age for that long of a set.

No new years day, though. Lame.

Furbush
 Rep: 107 

Furbush wrote:
Stepvhen wrote:
emcitymisfit wrote:
Bono wrote:

Ha ha yeah if it was up to James this place would be renamed M.I.A-Garden

i think it IS up to him..... 16

Board footer