You are not logged in. Please register or login.

war
 Rep: 108 

Re: Axl Interview w Korean Newspaper (Unconfirmed)

war wrote:

people keep commenting on how pleased they are that axl has backed off on the slash hatred. not that i was in favor of it but i'm not yet sold on y or how. the "cancer" stance was so recent, over a decade after the shit hit the fan. why did it take him so long to forgive and forget? and if he truly has, y the sudden, as opposed to a gradual, u-turn? maybe cd was his monkey? or was it slash's support of cd?

Gong
 Rep: 60 

Gong wrote:
war wrote:

why did it take him so long to forgive and forget?

Beacuse Axl Rose is as slow as fuck.

-D-
 Rep: 231 

-D- wrote:

well, u have anger locked inside and heavy on your chest. only after u release it can u start the healing process

one has to wonder also, how much money Axl truly has left.. u figure he has another 25 to 30 years of life left.... Im not sure GNR cleared all that much considering taxes, expenses etc.

mickronson
 Rep: 118 

mickronson wrote:

Well according to Duff in an interview around 2001-2002, as for himself, he could live comfortably without doing anything else, but he`d rather be busy and also invested his money...before he drank it all

Sky Dog wrote:

You guys don't actually think that is an accurate translation do you? Please....the whole LITTLE Q&A is a joke. That is no where NEAR an interview. I'll stick with the chats where it is WAY clear what he said. Since Axl hasn't changed at all since 1993, I highly doubt he had a change of heart since Dec 08.

Sky Dog wrote:
-D- wrote:

well, u have anger locked inside and heavy on your chest. only after u release it can u start the healing process

one has to wonder also, how much money Axl truly has left.. u figure he has another 25 to 30 years of life left.... Im not sure GNR cleared all that much considering taxes, expenses etc.

I assume you forgot that he signed his publishing rights away for $19 million this decade. Plus, he has toured a little, was bailed out by Best Buy for Chinese, and still gets huge royalties from his catalog sales. No doubt in my mind he is doing very well. 19

-D-

-D- wrote:

yeah but u'd be surprised though. i mean the travel, who knows how much he shells out to his band a month

selling his publishing makes u wonder also about his financial situation.. why would u do that if not absolutely necessary?

so say he has 20 million in the bank. will that allow him to live comfortable for the next 30 years?

cause his style of singing/performing... he may have 10 years left

Sky Dog wrote:

He seems to live pretty low key though.....same house for a long time...seems to be a home body. I think he does alright and he always has an ace in the hole with a reunion and sales from the back catalog.

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:

For what it's worth - I'm reading Mick Wall's book, and where i'm upto (around UYI releasae)  he talks about how Axl was cautious to invest a lot of money so he could live off the interest and be secure for ever.  Of course that was a long time ago, maybe that got burned during UYI or CD and Mick Wall isn't exactly reliable to a lot of GNR fans. But still.

As for the other thing.

Temporary assignment for publishing is normal for artists as a way to exploit their works.

Publishers are better at generating income for songs than artists. (as publishers have the contacts/networks.)

So artists tend to make more by having a publishing agreement of this kind, and taking their cut,  than by hanging on to a lot of rights themselves that they don't have the time, inclination or contacts to exploit to full value.

-D-

-D- wrote:

yeah but the publishing thing seems so not axl

everyone always gets onto Slash over the making a buck thing

Board footer