You are not logged in. Please register or login.

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

Re: Robin's Guitar Stuff for Sale

RussTCB wrote:

removed

-D-
 Rep: 231 

-D- wrote:
Neemo wrote:

it always amazes me that people run up the auction a week before it closes just so they can see themselves as the top bidder..the higher people see it going for the more they will be willing to pay...its all psychological man

-D- wrote:

This auction is the perfect metaphor for Finck

how so? i dont follow...i must be slow today hmm

i cant believe that New Schecter Tempest Custom Guitar is going for less currently than the damage body of a guitar hmm that Schecter is a sweet lookin axe man 11

selling to the highest bidder

GNR collect the check

NIN collect the check

back to GNR collect the check

NIN world tour go back collect the check

now sell your shit on ebay to the highest bidder

fitting

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:

^ He's a professional musician, and you're saying it's bad that he gets paid to play guitar? What's he supposed to do, play with GNR and NIN as they earn thousands for free? Also most of those auctions are benifiting charity.

-D-
 Rep: 231 

-D- wrote:

no u are misunderstanding

in GNR

GNR are not doing a lot so he jumps ship to play with NIN

NIN goes on hiatus so he jumps back on Axl's dick to take advantage of the tours and money

NIN has a huge tour coming up so he leaves Axl hanging on the release of CD, no explanation or nothing to go back

Im huge on loyalty and that guy has none it seems.

tell your friends u have a Robin Finck guitar and u might as well tell them u have a David Howard guitar.

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:

^ Yeah ok...i'll grant the loyalty thing, hadn't looked at it like that.

I do think it would be cool to have the guitar tho, like you can play your friends Better or Dicipline, then go, "and here's the guitar it was written on". That's pretty cool.

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

buzzsaw
 Rep: 423 

buzzsaw wrote:
DCK wrote:

Should have done this 10 years ago...except he should have sold all of it instead of some of it.

Totally uncalled for. Childish comment. You should know better.

Uncalled for?  Maybe.  Accurate?  Yes.  Who really wants to spend good money in a bad economy for a guitar owned by someone that plays worse than I do?

buzzsaw
 Rep: 423 

buzzsaw wrote:
Fat-Drunk wrote:
buzzsaw wrote:

Should have done this 10 years ago...except he should have sold all of it instead of some of it.

Buzz - you're one of my favorite posters on here - but was this really necessary?

Is there any one on Evo who doesn't know your feelings on Robin by now?

Let it go.

It was originally posted as a joke.  And it was funny (still is).  And it's true.  But if someone wants to get into a pissing match about it because they were offended by it, well, you know I'm going to oblige.  I have nothing better to do right now.

gnfnraxl
 Rep: 43 

gnfnraxl wrote:
buzzsaw wrote:
Fat-Drunk wrote:
buzzsaw wrote:

Buzz - you're one of my favorite posters on here - but was this really necessary?

Is there any one on Evo who doesn't know your feelings on Robin by now?

Let it go.

It was originally posted as a joke.  And it was funny (still is).  And it's true.  But if someone wants to get into a pissing match about it because they were offended by it, well, you know I'm going to oblige.  I have nothing better to do right now.

Personally your post made me laugh and I knew it was a joke.  Even gave you karma for it.  People need to loosen up here.  Sheeesh!

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:
-D- wrote:

Im huge on loyalty and that guy has none it seems.

tell your friends u have a Robin Finck guitar and u might as well tell them u have a David Howard guitar.

well he hardly has a resume that screams royalty cheques...ya gotta pay the bills....

not that iagree that he never updated the fanbase as to hsi reasons...but he's hardly the most loved guy out there so it also makes sense that he just bailed without saying good bye

anyway like i said its more of a memorabilia piece than anything...for hardcore collector/fans of gnr or nin (or both) it'd be a cool peice to have but i'm not that guy to shell out the dough for it...

Board footer