You are not logged in. Please register or login.

rose22
 Rep: 12 

Re: GN'R Twitter Updates

rose22 wrote:
Axlin08 wrote:
DCK wrote:

Yeah, you say it but they have done it again and again. This time it's no different. They will attract a medium crowd..prolly a little less than last time..and tour.

Totally different ball game this time. Label support has vanished, the U.S. has turned on Axl, and promoters are going to be VERY scared to take a risk on Guns considering Axl's late starts and the 2006 NA tour was lukewarmly received.

They'll get 4,000 people in 20,000 venues without a new single/album.

With that kind of attendence, any promoter worth a damn will pull the plug.

I'm telling you man, trust me on this. Us Americans don't fuck around with this shit like Europe and South America does. WE DEMAND A REASON.

Axl just playing the hits with fake GN'R ain't gonna get it done. 2011 is a whole different ball game than 2006. He's gonna have to bring something to the table, even if it's just an EP he recorded with DJ & Ron over the summer.

theyll get 4,000 in 20,000 WITH a new album. in most markets anyways.

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

rose22
 Rep: 12 

rose22 wrote:

oh and i'll be one of them attending if it happens...........which it won't

faldor
 Rep: 281 

faldor wrote:
russtcb wrote:

Because the real Axl Roses uses his twitter account so much...

The comment came in response to someone saying they saw Axl post something on twitter or something to that effect.  @gunsnroses had a mini fan chat last night and that was one of the comments they got.  So they were just clearing up any confusion.

That's also where the "general" comment came from.  But I didn't take anything about a NA tour out of what they said.  Maybe I missed that.  They were asked if we'd hear any "new" music at RIR, and they responded that it was likely, or something along those lines.

So MAYBE, they play some new songs at RIR, turn the page on the CD saga.  Put out a new album, promote it, and tour the states late fall.  It can happen, right? 

Just when I think I'm out, they PULL ME BACK IN! 17

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:

Yup, going to have my ass at my computer during RIR now.

Scabbie
 Rep: 33 

Scabbie wrote:

They'll probably play the usual set then release a pic of the setlist after the gig with lots of new songs listed that they just forgot to play.

Part of me wants them to release an album before playing anything new. The cd release was such a downer we'd heard most of the songs!

jamester
 Rep: 84 

jamester wrote:

Bumblefoot
4 drums tracks yesterday for an album I'm producing, sounds great! Working with the talented Jordan Ferreira on one of his songs today smile
9 hours ago

GUNS N' ROSES guitarist Ron "Bumblefoot" Thal was recently interviewed by Rock My Monkey. You can now listen to the chat using the audio player below.
http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbe … mID=158651

jamester
 Rep: 84 

jamester wrote:

Dj ASHBA
Screen_shot_2011-05-04_at_11.06.52_AM_normal.png
Heading to Vegas!!! Who's in??

Ashbanews  ☠ Patricia Brito ☠
00020110525071231301_sgg_normal.gif
@DjASHBA have fun smile

Nikki Sixx
argentina_frontal_shot_normal
@DjASHBA ME

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:
Scabbie wrote:

They'll probably play the usual set then release a pic of the setlist after the gig with lots of new songs listed that they just forgot to play.

Part of me wants them to release an album before playing anything new. The cd release was such a downer we'd heard most of the songs!

I still think i'll try to watch this year's Rio show if it's streamed.

johndivney wrote:

think i'll just wait for the mp3's/youtube vid's of the new songs

people should start pestering the 3 tweeters in the band closer to the time asking if they're gonna play new songs
i don't think we'll hear new music. but i'm in a grumpy, pissed-off pessimistic mood this morning so maybe that's influencing my thoughts..

Board footer