You are not logged in. Please register or login.

faldor
 Rep: 281 

Re: GN'R Twitter Updates

faldor wrote:
Smoking Guns wrote:
Neemo wrote:

Lol...at least when u show it to people theygive it a go...if I mention gnr I get laughed at

Pitman is obviously being sarcastic here to get the mygnr folks all riled up

Neemo, the guy has issues. He isn't fucking with MyGNR. I think this is how he feels. Seems very bitter.

Bitter about what? About Slash and Duff getting all the attention and not being allowed to say anything? Well, I'd agree with the not speaking part. Seems he was stoked about this and wanted to talk about it, but was told not to. But I don't think he's upset at taking a backseat to Slash and Duff. Was he ever considered anything more than 7th on the depth chart in his entire tenure with the band? So why would he now be upset that people aren't taking notice of him? Doesn't make a lot of sense to me.

Smoking Guns
 Rep: 330 

Smoking Guns wrote:
faldor wrote:
Smoking Guns wrote:
Neemo wrote:

Lol...at least when u show it to people theygive it a go...if I mention gnr I get laughed at

Pitman is obviously being sarcastic here to get the mygnr folks all riled up

Neemo, the guy has issues. He isn't fucking with MyGNR. I think this is how he feels. Seems very bitter.

Bitter about what? About Slash and Duff getting all the attention and not being allowed to say anything? Well, I'd agree with the not speaking part. Seems he was stoked about this and wanted to talk about it, but was told not to. But I don't think he's upset at taking a backseat to Slash and Duff. Was he ever considered anything more than 7th on the depth chart in his entire tenure with the band? So why would he now be upset that people aren't taking notice of him? Doesn't make a lot of sense to me.

Ask him. He is the one the seems very pissed per his posts then took down his face book page. You think he took it down because he was just messing around with MyGNR guys?  This guy defines uncool. He has a pic of him doing the duck face. What 50 year old man does the duck face sans Zoolander.

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:

SG is absolutely obsessed with Pitman. It's hilarious. Its like Mother Goose went to Alabama and took a shit on SGs carwash.

AtariLegend wrote:
misterID wrote:

SG is absolutely obsessed with Pitman. It's hilarious. Its like Mother Goose went to Alabama and took a shit on SGs carwash.

Imagine if Pitman was black 18.

faldor
 Rep: 281 

faldor wrote:
Smoking Guns wrote:
faldor wrote:
Smoking Guns wrote:

Ask him. He is the one the seems very pissed per his posts then took down his face book page. You think he took it down because he was just messing around with MyGNR guys?  This guy defines uncool. He has a pic of him doing the duck face. What 50 year old man does the duck face sans Zoolander.

I guess he didn't get the memo about what is and isn't cool, whatever that might be.

I think he was messing with people he viewed as trolls or haters from mygnr, yes. Something struck a nerve with him and he lashed out. Why else would he mention the site? Then he took a step back and realized he probably shouldn't have reacted in that manner and he took it down. Of course the statement was already out there, so now people are able to speculate in all their glory.

Just wondering, what exactly is your theory on why he's so pissed? Is he in or out? There's no right or wrong answers here, at least not to our knowledge.

Will
 Rep: 227 

Will wrote:
Smoking Guns wrote:

This guy defines uncool.

I think Pitman is awesome 22 Can't really talk shit about mygnr because they've been awesome in helping to spread the Izzy news, and it's the only GNR site aside from Evo which I regularly lurk at, but I do think it's pretty funny that Pitman didn't hold back and just said what was on his mind (if it is a real account). Isn't that the RNR spirit which GNR was all about? It's the 2016 version of Get In The Ring 16

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:

Drop the racist insinuations/accusations.

Atari....check your PMs in about 20 minutes.

----------------

Wait a minute..some are now questioning the authenticity of Pitman social media accounts? Who posted that studio pic then?

faldor wrote:

You wonder how different things might have been if more of an effort was made in terms of promotion and such. I'd venture to guess that plenty of people would still not have accepted a Slashless GNR. But it's quite possible more people would've taken them seriously if given legitimate reasons to. I'm not sure how much of a difference it'd make in terms of this pseudo reunion though. People still would want the originals, or version 2. Who knows if we'd even be at this point right now if the CD era had gone differently and ultimately better received. Maybe, everything happens for a reason.

Example....

The 2001-02 lineup gets heavily promoted before the release of CD.....posters, pics in magazines, interviews, the whole nine yards. Album is released..people identify them as the new GNR.

Now comes reunion time.....

Yes people would still want the OG but would be much more accepting of a hybrid lineup because they know the guys were in the band. Other than Axl, the CD era is mainly known for Bucket and Tommy....two who wouldn't have had a chance to be involved anyways.

Fortus and Frank clearly should have been pushed more during the 09-14 era of the band.

Will wrote:

I think Pitman is awesome 22

Other than Bucket, he was probably THE key figure in the making of CD. He helped start the project with Axl. Wasn't Madagascar one of the first songs the two worked on together?

As far as his involvement in the reunion, I'm fine with it as long as it leads to new music. He would be needed in a live setting if we're getting more Chinese stew.

Smoking Guns

Smoking Guns wrote:

I was fine with pitman before he started pitching fits about being told to shut up and then lashing out. Definition of cool or at least cool to fans would be Slash and Duff. You don't see them getting in pissing contests with MyGNR or venting to Twitter. CP needs to be a team player and go with the flow or he will be gone. This is a business deal and everyone will be paid. These shows are about the old guys. That is the way it is. If he doesn't want to hit the sub bass button I will gladly fill in for him. And I am sure Zig Zag could too.

CP, be happy you are still there or you too can leave.

DJ handled his departure with class and I don't recall him lashing out like this.

GNR was great before Pitman and will be great after Pitman.   

I tend to think most agree with me but fear the shit storm Atari and Mr ID will deliver for calling Pitman out for acting like a bitch. But I am fine with giving the other point of view.

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:
faldor wrote:

I think he was messing with people he viewed as trolls or haters from mygnr, yes. Something struck a nerve with him and he lashed out. Why else would he mention the site? Then he took a step back and realized he probably shouldn't have reacted in that manner and he took it down. Of course the statement was already out there, so now people are able to speculate in all their glory.

Yeah the guy gets a LOT of shit on some of these sites. Maybe he shouldn't read sites that shit on him to the point it frustrates him?

Didn't Ron lash out a few times as well? Didn't he come here and tell Divney to fuck off or is my memory hazy on that? I think he also lashed out at mygnr as well. Ron also complained about some other posts here as well but I think he was a good sport about it to a degree. He answered our questions, chatted, joined, and tried to be fan friendly. Maybe Pitman should have used a similar strategy if he wants to dive in with the hardcores.

You'd think these guys would learn that fans who use forums are the hardcore of the hardcore. Extreme positivity or extreme negativity mixed with some middle ground.

They shouldn't take it personally but I can see how some things would piss them off. people definitely shouldn't get personal. TB used to get a TON of shit on these sites, some if it warranted but it was mainly out of fan frustration due to no new music. The personal attacks out of line and I've definitely softened my stance on them as well.

faldor wrote:

Just wondering, what exactly is your theory on why he's so pissed? Is he in or out? There's no right or wrong answers here, at least not to our knowledge.

I've sorta hit the "reset button" when it comes to the reunion, regrouping, new chapter or whatever we want to call it. Anything can happen from this moment forward. If he's in...great....maybe new material is coming and they need him for that and for something in the live show. if he's out....great.... since they may be downsizing the lineup to make it seem more like a reunion and not the Doobie Brothers with 3 guitarists, 4 drummers, and 5 harmonica players. Still a chance for new material.

EDIT:

I was fine with pitman before he started pitching fits about being told to shut up and then lashing out. Definition of cool or at least cool to fans would be Slash and Duff. You don't see them getting in pissing contests with MyGNR or venting to Twitter.

This right here is one great example of why I want GNR management to drop the forum thing and stick to the official site/social media and when sticking to them, give legitimate news/updates that then filter to the fan sites(you know, like all other artists/bands).

I don't really mean it as an insult(just an opinion/observation) but a couple weeks ago Fernando posted on HTGTH and it was a couple posts mainly in a joking manner between him, Jarmo, and ADZ. That could've been said in a PM. You're GNR's manager posting in GNR threads...how about posting GNR info/news instead?

THIS is why I want a change in strategy. Azoff was/is a prick but at least he didn't join a fan forum telling knock knock jokes.

Smoking Guns

Smoking Guns wrote:
James Lofton wrote:

Drop the racist insinuations/accusations.

Atari....check your PMs in about 20 minutes.

----------------

Wait a minute..some are now questioning the authenticity of Pitman social media accounts? Who posted that studio pic then?

faldor wrote:

You wonder how different things might have been if more of an effort was made in terms of promotion and such. I'd venture to guess that plenty of people would still not have accepted a Slashless GNR. But it's quite possible more people would've taken them seriously if given legitimate reasons to. I'm not sure how much of a difference it'd make in terms of this pseudo reunion though. People still would want the originals, or version 2. Who knows if we'd even be at this point right now if the CD era had gone differently and ultimately better received. Maybe, everything happens for a reason.

Example....

The 2001-02 lineup gets heavily promoted before the release of CD.....posters, pics in magazines, interviews, the whole nine yards. Album is released..people identify them as the new GNR.

Now comes reunion time.....

Yes people would still want the OG but would be much more accepting of a hybrid lineup because they know the guys were in the band. Other than Axl, the CD era is mainly known for Bucket and Tommy....two who wouldn't have had a chance to be involved anyways.

Fortus and Frank clearly should have been pushed more during the 09-14 era of the band.

Will wrote:

I think Pitman is awesome 22

Other than Bucket, he was probably THE key figure in the making of CD. He helped start the project with Axl. Wasn't Madagascar one of the first songs the two worked on together?

As far as his involvement in the reunion, I'm fine with it as long as it leads to new music. He would be needed in a live setting if we're getting more Chinese stew.

Madagascar is the most over rated GNR song ever. Drags on 3 minutes too long and goes nowhere musically.

I am sure he has studio value, maybe he should just be a session guy. The rock and roll lifestyle seems to be getting to him.

Board footer