You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Backslash
 Rep: 80 

Re: The NHL 2007-08 Season Thread

Backslash wrote:

Forsberg (who might also retire) could be one of the best players of all time if it wasn't for the injuries.  He's the total package.  In that class, he's at the top of the list.

Although I hate to say it, Sundin is up there as well.  He's been solid and has been steadily productive his entire career.  Jagr's there as well, but the whole Capitals fiasco is forgettable.  Joe Sakic had a few off years, like Shanahan, and that ranks them lower, in my opinion.  If the twilight of LeClair's career wasn't so poor, he'd be up there as well.  Lindros doesn't rank in my opinion.  He had two good years and that was it.

Brodeur and Hasek would easily be the best players to emerge in the 90s (Brodeur over Hasek in my opinion), but they're both goalies and if we have to exclude them we will.

For defensemen, I'd have to pop in Niedermayer and Lidstrom.

PaSnow
 Rep: 205 

PaSnow wrote:

Yeah I was thinking Sundin as well. Guess I forgot to add him on the question.

Communist China
 Rep: 130 

Forsberg or Jagr but I didn't watch hockey too seriously, or with any knowledge to be more correct, until these guys were in their prime.

Lindros never impressed me. But maybe I was filled with hate and couldn't objectionably judge him as a player.

Backslash: I assume that you watched the Sabres/Montreal game Monday. Montreal earned the win, I'm not going to argue that, but isn't it just bad luck that the Sabres didn't score?

I don't understand why their offense isn't working, they get great chances every game. But they for the most part haven't gone in. Now Connolly and Mair are hurt too... damn.

Backslash
 Rep: 80 

Backslash wrote:

I only saw the 2nd and 3rd periods but it looks like the Sabres are lacking chemistry or something, they're really having trouble finding the back of the net.  It all stems from losing their key guys in the offseason.  Briere and Drury were really big parts of the team.  Everyone said that they have enough young talent to overcome that obstacle, but it looks like that will be a little more difficult than expected.

As for my Habbies, Price backstopped them to another victory over the Bruins.  This year I hope they keep playing after December...

Communist China

Anyone want to play 4 v 4 through the whole game?

This European 1-4 defense all the time crap is boring.

Communist China

One game with 17 scoring chances, the next with 46 shots, and 1 goal total!! WTF!!!!!

I'd trade Afinegenov if there was cap room to take a decent player.

Scarlett
 Rep: 2 

Scarlett wrote:

I'm the lonely only Bruins fan here I take it. Oh, well, I'm feisty enough to represent the Big Bad Bruins.   16

Scarlett

Scarlett wrote:
Communist China wrote:

I cannot believe how big a bunch of goons and idiot bullies the Flyers are. Jones deserves 25 games imo, that is just not acceptable.

If/when the punishment is handed down, it would be the third Flyer this year to get slapped with a large suspension for that type of cheap, dirty shit. If it happens again I'd suspend their coach for a few weeks too.

I don't believe that Jones did it with malice as was the intent with the other two Flyers. He's generally not a dirty player, but I think he should have gotten at least 5-10 games for that hit. Believe me, it was horrific watching Patrice knocked out like that on the ice. I'm a Mod at a hockey board and usually am in the Game Day Thread during the games, and I have to tell you the mood was just depressing on there as it was in the Garden that day.

Update on Patrice- not doing well at all. Still needs a wheelchair to go long distances, as the dizziness hasn't subsided yet for walking more than 200 feet. Still in a neck brace and can't carry on long conversations as it gives him headaches and he loses his train of thought after a couple of minutes. I doubt he comes back this season at all. sad We miss him very much.

Communist China

Well it's about time. Suck it, BS.

Scarlett

Scarlett wrote:
Communist China wrote:

Well it's about time. Suck it, BS.

Were you talking to me? What's BS? If I were to guess, it would be bull shit, but I don't understand where that pertains to myself or my post above.

Another rough spell for us Boston fans with two goalies, one in Boston, one in Providence.

Boston- Manny faces a tough decision- surgery, or try to ride out the knee hoping it doesn't hamper his play.

Providence- Jordan Sigalet had another MS attack, this time on the ice. He collapsed during a game and is still in the hospital. From what I am hearing, his doctors are questioning whether he should continue playing or end his career. Breaks my heart, as this kid is a great kid and a battler.

Then we have the loss of Ferrence who's been playing great on defense for Boston- out four weeks with a knee injury.

Patrice- no progress. sad Still having problems carrying conversations, dizzy spells, walking continues to be a hard task for him.

Board footer