You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Gong
 Rep: 60 

Re: Rio de Janeiro, Brazil - April 4, 2010 (Praça da Apoteose)

Gong wrote:

I won't complain about the setlist, because, personally, I have zero interest in seeing this band live.

I will always be extremely fascinated by Axl Rose and love reading about him.

If he ever puts out another album, I'll pre-order that motherfucker on Day 1.

If he's on TV - I'm gonna watch, and if he's interviewed in a magazine - I'm gonna buy it.

But paying to go to see Axl, Tommy, Dizzy, Chris, Richard, Ron, Frank and DJ is not my thing.

[That's not entirely true. If they played my hometown arena (15 min.s away) I'd go.]

Why not? Too expensive, not a fan of those guitarists, don't want to endure the long wait between acts, and .... (wait for it)

No sense of urgency or mystery, i.e. basically the same setlist since 2001.

Frankly, I don't think Axl gives a shit if I go or not. He's obviously meeting his personal expectations for success, so why should he change? For me? No.

There are enough people who will go - whatever he plays.

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

war
 Rep: 108 

war wrote:

depends on the person - they are casual fans for so many different reasons. to say that none of them are open to new things like hearing 6-9 new songs in a 20 song set list seems absurd. i'd even venture to say that more of the hardcores were dissappointed with cd than some of the casual fans would be if and when they were to hear it. hearing the songs on a cd for the first time and hearing them first at a concert are two different things, ofcourse. personally, i would love all 14 cd songs on the list but i think 6-9 works best for everyone.

faldor
 Rep: 281 

faldor wrote:

Oh wow!  Complaints about the setlist!  How original.

bigbri
 Rep: 341 

bigbri wrote:

Listen, don't get your panties in a bunch, people. I'm assuming you all are wearing panties today. I didn't call anyone a dumbfuck. I'm referring to the rant Axl had in 06 about people complaining about set lists when they were half-a-world away.

I could give two shits less if you all want to complain about these shows you never will go to. Carry on.

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

Everyone has valid points.

I can personally say that in 2006, I was a bit pissed to get the AFD revue show - twice.

I could've stayed home and watched boots of Ritz '88 or better yet, Boston or NYC 2002, and gotten the same show, PLUS Buckethead.

Now that's not to say I didn't have fun, and the band didn't kick all kinds of ass, but I was disappointed at the set.

I can honestly say, that if this GN'R were touring the states right now, I would NOT go see them with this setlist. Just for a couple new CD songs? No thanks. Too much money for that.

Now that Osaka 2009 & Tokyo 2009 show... i'm fucking there.

faldor
 Rep: 281 

faldor wrote:

People will always find something to bitch about, or a reason NOT to go to a concert.  It just gets tiresome reading the same things over and over.  We get the point.

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

I just want to throw out there, that people were slamming Axl "fuck you Axl", "fuck you this is it", "fuck this, RIOT"

Because Axl was late last night. Texting, twittering...

Yet, when the great one emerged, "AAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHH AXXXXXXLLLLLLL"

And the beat goes on... 16

Mikkamakka
 Rep: 217 

Mikkamakka wrote:
war wrote:

my guess is, everyone, in gnr (axl included) would rather do 20 different songs every show but are doing what works the best for the fans. to me, that's the way it should be.

OMG. So this is the PERFECT setlist. That's what I call fanboyism. Any musician with an ounce of self-respect (not to mention the respect towards the fans) would be bored of playing the same shit every night. There's no challenge and no joy in that. GN'R's doing it only shows how 'ambitious' Axl is and what he thinks of the fans.

That:

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:
Axlin08 wrote:

I can honestly say, that if this GN'R were touring the states right now, I would NOT go see them with this setlist. Just for a couple new CD songs? No thanks. Too much money for that.

Now that Osaka 2009 & Tokyo 2009 show... i'm fucking there.

expecting a 4-5 hour show everyday is just downright expecting too much, sure everyone would like to see something like that but its jut too much for the band to be able to pull off on any kind of regular basis

Board footer