You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Re: the tour is back on!

Neemo wrote:

seems like forever and a day since those nyc gigs!

anyway back up to 8 CD songs last night and 20 songs overall, looking forward to press about these shows and jsut overall seeing how the world tour plays itself out smile

Olorin
 Rep: 268 

Olorin wrote:

In Brasilia, proves that Axl Rose is still able to thrill their fans

1466219-1772-cp.jpg

Guns N 'Roses opened the first show of the tour Brazilian disc Chinese Democracy so incendiary, with fire being released from the sides of the grand stage of 20x16m mounted on the Nilson Nelson gymnasium in Brasilia on Sunday (7).
The flames warmed the audience of about 13 thousand people, according to the organization for nearly a 2:30 show packed with hits from the former Guns and Axl Rose showed one still able to thrill their fans. . Throughout the presentation, more pyrotechnics and rain of shredded paper showed that the band came to Brazil looking to make a good impression. "Sorry to have left the children awake so late," joked Rose at the end of the show at 2:40.

The song that gives name to the disk opened had opened the presentation to 00h13, followed by two classics: Welcome to the Jungle and It's So Easy. . After the guitar solo Richard Fortus inspired by the trail of James Bond, the fire returned to the scene following the beats of Live And Let Die.

But only much later, already halfway through the presentation, is that the crowd sang along with the band, the sound of Sweet Child O'Mine.  At the end of the music could be heard the chorus of Where do we go, where do we go now? The traditional time of lights, lighters and cell phones came with bright ballads November Rain and Patience.  Between the two, new chorus from the public, driven by Axl on the chorus of Knockin 'On Heaven's Door.

The encore featured a song from another new and the old crop of Guns: Madagascar and Paradise City. In total, eight songs from the new CD. That did not bother the fans.

I found everything perfect," summarized Carina Borbala the end of the show, considering the selection of songs "well balanced". Friends Sodré e Léo Bruno Cabral considered that Axl Rose "showed a good performance" after years away from the stage, just did not like the delay of 1:30 between the opening act Sebastian Bach of the most anticipated show of the night.

Night that began with a short presentation of the band Khallice, Brasilia, followed by a show of just over 1 hour from the former lead singer of Skid Row.  Sebastian Bach was only sympathy, struggling to communicate with the public in Portuguese. "Estamos muito felizes de estar tocando na capital do Brasil. Hoje, Brasília será a capital do rock & roll", disse. "We are very happy to be playing in Brazil's capital. Today, Brasilia is the capital of rock & roll," he said.

Your friend Axl Rose was also excited during the show.  The old white lycra shorts gave way to jeans, the booty were more restrained and cries shorter, often obscured by the sound of instruments.

For friends Bruno and Leo, justified the interference problem of antennas near the venue. To Délcio Feu and Luciana Silva, the response was different: "The Rose is already the voice a little tired."  What, in your opinion, did not impair the presentation. "The band is great. It was a super show with a super structure, mixing old songs with new, also very good."

The CD Chinese Democracy was released in November 2008.  Axl is the only original band.  The second oldest member is keyboardist Dizzy Reed, who joined the group in 1990.  Guns are still formed by guitarist Bumblefoot, Richard Fortus (guitar and guitar), bassist Tommy Stinson, Chris Pitman (keyboard, bass) and drummer Frank Ferrer.  The "baby" is the guitarist DJ Asha, who joined the band in March of last year.

The tour that began early on Monday (8) remains in Brasilia on Wednesday (10) in Belo Horizonte (Mineirinho), Saturday (13) Sao Paulo (Lecture Italy), Sunday (14th) at Rio de Janeiro (Apotheosis) and ends on the 16th, in Porto Alegre (the parking Fiergs).

Translated from http://musica.terra.com.br/interna/0,,O … s+fas.html

Olorin
 Rep: 268 

Olorin wrote:

Sounds like a cool show, Axl looks a hell of a lot fitter than he did in Asia as well, he should be firing on all cylinders when he hits europe big_smile
I hope for the South American fans sake midnight starts are not going to be the norm, I wouldnt really fancy standing waiting in the crowd in that climate.

Sky Dog wrote:

8 new songs is not enough. big_smile

Smoking Guns
 Rep: 330 

Smoking Guns wrote:

This tour could be the most successful since 1993.  I think this is the best the band has sounded.

Anyone know when they are doing a North American tour?

rose22
 Rep: 12 

rose22 wrote:

don't think anyone knows for sure. just speculation so far. personally ithink they will be here in the late summer or fall.

war
 Rep: 108 

war wrote:

frank said late summer is the likely time line but no guarantee

I am hoping that it really does happen at some point this year.  Ofcourse, I'll wait until next year if I have to but all this touring they are doing now is getting me pumped to see them.

Rex
 Rep: 50 

Rex wrote:

GN'R is the only band I need to see before seeing all my favorite bands!

Board footer