You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Bono
 Rep: 386 

Re: Gareth Rhodes Gn'R project New Video: Madagascar & Prostitute

Bono wrote:

This I Love
[youtube]reFR8cIVyQ8&feature=sub[/youtube]

Obviously he skipped a few albums to get to this one but apparently he was getting lots of requests for it. It's pretty decent but I'd have liked to see him add something to it as far as the guitar goes. Vocally he's pretty damn good. Still something about this one seems to be missing to me.

Bono

Bono wrote:

Catcher in the Rye
[youtube]g19gz_yvlt8&feature=sub[/youtube]

estrangedpaul
 Rep: 5 

Who is this guy and why should we care about his GnR covers as opposed to the many other acoustic covers that have been done? He was a really good voice, I'll give him that.

jamester
 Rep: 84 

jamester wrote:
estrangedpaul wrote:

Who is this guy and why should we care about his GnR covers as opposed to the many other acoustic covers that have been done?

Agree! here in the main GnR thread? Black hole it !I think he is or was a forum member.

how about these covers?

Bono

Bono wrote:
estrangedpaul wrote:

Who is this guy and why should we care about his GnR covers as opposed to the many other acoustic covers that have been done? He was a really good voice, I'll give him that.

He's just a  guy who has made it a goal of his to cover every single Gn'R song. Nobody said you have to care about it.

jamester062001 wrote:

Agree! here in the main GnR thread? Black hole it !I think he is or was a forum member.

how about these covers?

Wow! Blackhole it? This thread has been in here for 27 weeks but  suddenly it's cramping your style? Ruining your day? Thanks for contributing those awesome videos man. So nice to see videos of original Gn'R members doing Gn'R covers roll They have nothing to do with this thread and nobody has had an issue with this thread before so try not to get your panties all a bunch cool guy. I have no idea who this guy is but his Gn'R project is pretty cool. Too bad people like yourself freak out every time someone trys to cover a  Gn'R song. Oh the blasphemy of it all. And it's such a  pain in the ass having it here in the main Gn'R section. How thoughtless of me. roll

Here's a tip for ya. If you're not interested then don't f-ing read the thread. That or make a formal complaint to one of the admins and have them move the whole thing to the blackhole for precious little jamester. It's obviously that important to you 16

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:

Really enjoyed that version of Catcher. Although I think maybe he fucked up some of the lyrics..but that's easy to do.

These versions get me thinking how cool these songs are at a song level though. Like obviously the studio version kicks ass too with the way axl sings it and everything, but stripped back to just a vocal and 1 guitar you get a sense of how great the melody is and everything too.

Bono

Bono wrote:
monkeychow wrote:

Really enjoyed that version of Catcher. Although I think maybe he fucked up some of the lyrics..but that's easy to do.

These versions get me thinking how cool these songs are at a song level though. Like obviously the studio version kicks ass too with the way axl sings it and everything, but stripped back to just a vocal and 1 guitar you get a sense of how great the melody is and everything too.

True. How great would it be if Axl just did an acoustic album with no vocal layering or anything. Just straight up acoustic guitar and piano, maybe some light drums,  with raw vocals. It would be awesome.

jamester
 Rep: 84 

jamester wrote:
Bono wrote:

Wow! Blackhole it? This thread has been in here for 27 weeks but  suddenly it's cramping your style? Ruining your day? Thanks for contributing those awesome videos man. So nice to see videos of original Gn'R members doing Gn'R covers roll They have nothing to do with this thread and nobody has had an issue with this thread before so try not to get your panties all a bunch cool guy. I have no idea who this guy is but his Gn'R project is pretty cool. Too bad people like yourself freak out every time someone trys to cover a  Gn'R song. Oh the blasphemy of it all. And it's such a  pain in the ass having it here in the main Gn'R section. How thoughtless of me. roll

Here's a tip for ya. If you're not interested then don't f-ing read the thread. That or make a formal complaint to one of the admins and have them move the whole thing to the blackhole for precious little jamester. It's obviously that important to you 16

"This thread has been in here for 27 weeks but  suddenly it's cramping your style? "
it has been buried for most of that 27 weeks

"So nice to see videos of original Gn'R members doing Gn'R covers roll"

Your welcome the point was they, even tho founding members had no right in this part of the forum! and this gerth guy has even less. What if we all posted our fav gnr covers here? Mabe it would be a cool section for this forum.

"Too bad people like yourself freak out every time someone trys to cover a  Gn'R song. Oh the blasphemy of it all."

I really like to see people cover GnR. I follow several of the best covers on youtube. I even added a sub to Gerth after you turned us on to him. Thanks alot for posting the first go around. As far as any admins i dont know who they are nor do i care. im shure they read these threads at some point.and know how they want to run this forum. Matter of fact the relaxed admins are the very reason I read most all threads A thread on Axls birthday could have news or discussion about slash and duff on youtube in some topless bar and for posts later we would be debating whos hat and smokes are best between DJ and slash  19

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

I think Bono is Gareth Rhodes.

Shameless self promotion. 13 19

axl77
 Rep: 0 

axl77 wrote:

Bono,i don't know who you are but i'd just like to thank you for taking the time try and help me reach out to GNR fans across the world with my acoustic GNR project.So far,its been the most amazing response and for the most part positive,encouraging and enjoyable however there's always people that arent going to,for whatever reason like what im doing with these cherished songs.I accepted that when i started it.What is encouraging to me though is for the most part, the people who seem against these seem to be blinkered GNR fans who think that the only musical style that should exist in the world is GNR type hard rock (im happy to upset idiots like that btw) and those who think these songs lack the bite and attitude of the originals and to the latter id say, yes, they do but really, that doesnt bother me because ,its like calling a banana yellow. Its supposed to be. These are acoustic renditions. Im thinking a lot of people using these boards might not remember the show MTV unplugged, bands doing stripped down versions of classic tunes, offering new insight in to the structure of the songs and seeing how,as an experiment as songs stands up when played in a different way. Im happy to say, most people,you included (this board as an exception) have been open minded about the music and have seen what im trying to achieve. Doing these covers isnt in any way lazy as one poster amusingly put it, its like trying to climb Everest!!!

Board footer