You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Bono
 Rep: 386 

Re: Gareth Rhodes Gn'R project New Video: Madagascar & Prostitute

Bono wrote:

Actually if the general public heard that and thought "That kinda sounds like Axl Rose" they'd be right because it does resemble Axl's voice.  Now if they thought it was 100% Axl Rose they might be  a tad deaf or simply not know but fact is the general public wouldn't be able to distinguish between the two instantly in a  microsecond the way we can.

In all fairness to the genral public if you payed them a clip of Axl Rose from 2002 and told them it was Axl Rose they'd tell you you were fucking stupid and deaf  tongue

Of course it doesn't sound exactly like Axl Rose but you guys are way too harsh. Doesn't take much to recognize that YES when he does this Axl impersonation it does resemble Axl Rose.  Also it's WAY fucking better than Adam Sandler's impression.

You guys seem to forget you're diehards and anything other than Axl isn't gonna sound like Axl to you. But I guarantee you, you play that clip without telling anyone who it is and they say  "sounds like Axl"   You might get "Sounds like Axl but it's not" but the fact will remain most people will say "sounds like Axl"

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

Bono

Bono wrote:

None of the covers in this thread are of him trying to sound like Axl except the Rocket Queen and Silent Night performances. the rest he sings in his regular voice. there's no denying the very end of Rocket Queen sounds near identical to Axl.

he's a million times closer to Axl than that dude in Guns 2 Roses.  And I'm not saying he sounds exactly like Axl but I have no clue how you guys can sit ther and say it's not a decent impression cause it is.  Put him in a  live band and throw them on stage in a  pub and you'd all get a kick out of it because he's pretty good and as far as an Axl tribute goes he does it justice. Nobody can sing like Axl and very few do a servicable impression of him.  This is one guy that does.

I think you guys give too much credit to the general public based on your finally tuned ears. Nobody said the general public would without a doubt mistake him for the real Axl Rose but he'd definitly cause some people to wonder. And hell play Axl clips from 2002 and play this guy, who do you think the general public would think is Axl Rose?  You dont' even need to answer that cause I know what the answer would be IF you were to be  honest about it. tongue

war
 Rep: 108 

war wrote:

that doesnt sound like axl.

sound more like richard marx to me

axl has a unique voice so the fact that someone may be able to identify the impersonation does not mean they succeed at sounding like the subject.

the elvis analogy is a perfect analogy. he has a unique voice that anyone can impersonate but if u took 500 impersonations and compared them with the real deal. all the impersonations would sound alike but none would sound like the real deal.

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:
Bono wrote:

None of the covers in this thread are of him trying to sound like Axl except the Rocket Queen and Silent Night performances. the rest he sings in his regular voice. there's no denying the very end of Rocket Queen sounds near identical to Axl.

he's a million times closer to Axl than that dude in Guns 2 Roses.  And I'm not saying he sounds exactly like Axl but I have no clue how you guys can sit ther and say it's not a decent impression cause it is.  Put him in a  live band and throw them on stage in a  pub and you'd all get a kick out of it because he's pretty good and as far as an Axl tribute goes he does it justice. Nobody can sing like Axl and very few do a servicable impression of him.  This is one guy that does.

I think you guys give too much credit to the general public based on your finally tuned ears. Nobody said the general public would without a doubt mistake him for the real Axl Rose but he'd definitly cause some people to wonder. And hell play Axl clips from 2002 and play this guy, who do you think the general public would think is Axl Rose?  You dont' even need to answer that cause I know what the answer would be IF you were to be  honest about it. tongue

Fuck 2002, just play them You Could Be Mine 2011, and they'd go "that's not Axl Rose".

Then play them Jungle 2011, and they'd need a towel to clean up all the cum in the pants.

I just think that if you play them any whiney guy singing a GN'R song, and they think it's Axl, then they really weren't truely listening to Axl's voice.

But I do see your side of it that Axl has been "the man of a thousand voices". His voice has had rapid changes at times. He sounded raspier on UYI than he did on AFD & Lies, and of course more helium on CD than any of the others.

That's why as time has gone on I have softened on the helium "clean" vocal thing (yes I know, it's probably a shock to Ali), because Axl has jumped so many vocal styles.

So I guess on a 2002-level, you can respect that cover above. I need to get my voice on a recorder and see what it sounds like played back.

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

Gibbo
 Rep: 191 

Gibbo wrote:

[youtube]uLSiBsX6z8A&list=WL1C7078B0CC5CC755&feature=mh_lolz[/youtube]
sounds more like axl in this one i think he does i pretty good job iv most of the song hes not to bad #84 most viewed musicians of all time on on you tube

Bono

Bono wrote:

We can all have our opinions on Gareth Rhodes but someone put this up on youtube.  Obviously different but pretty cool. The Rocket Queen and KOHD impression are cool. I mean if I was in some pub and some dude walked up for open mic night and did that I'd think it was pretty sweet.  Eiother way he sings Gn'R tunes better than Myles 16

Oh and yes Russ karma for the Elvis anology.  I do see that point.

[youtube]Z4xRPjTa39E&feature=related[/youtube]

Side note: How fucking awesome is that Rocket Queen perfomance by Gn'R

Bono

Bono wrote:

All I can say is I fucking dig this big time!

faldor
 Rep: 281 

faldor wrote:

That was pretty good.  Ron tweeted out a link to that earlier today.  Guy sounded a little like Richard Marx to me in a couple spots.

Board footer