You are not logged in. Please register or login.

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

Re: Slash: 'Rose Is Misunderstood'

RussTCB wrote:

removed

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:

slash is a professional musician...thats his job tongue

buzzsaw
 Rep: 423 

buzzsaw wrote:
russtcb wrote:
dr_love6977 wrote:
Axlin08 wrote:

]
Fuck off and promote your album...

By being the biggest whore. He'll play with anyone, hold contests to play on your band's album, etc. Slash will do anything/say anything just to stay in the spotlight. Used to love him, but now I can't stand him. Biggest fucking whore.

Quoted for truth. People don't really seem to want to see this.

Sure, there's some truth to it.  This is yet another area where Slash and Axl are complete opposites.  Both could do better for themselves by being in the middle, but I'll take Slash's approach over Axl's every day of the week.  I guess I just ignore the stuff he does that I don't care for and enjoy what I like.  I'd love for Axl to give me more options to do the same.

buzzsaw
 Rep: 423 

buzzsaw wrote:

Slash was a media whore when he was in GnR too.  People didn't seem to mind it as much then.  In fact, it was necessary because Axl wouldn't do it.  Hard to fault him for taking an important role in an important band and building on that after he left.  You can thank Axl for helping make Slash the media whore he is today.  Did Slash take it too far?  Probably, but that seems to be a trend in his life.

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:

Slash has always worked the media well, as Buzz says, in GNR it's an advantage, just as it was in VR and now his solo career. It is the job of musicians to earn their money through playing music, and that happens due to media exposure, we have to be aware of his products to buy them, and that's just business and a part of his job and the job of all entertainers.

As for the complaints that he will play with anyone, well stuff like Bill Gates is for the exposure, but, see above, that's a part of the industry these days as much as making a video clip was in 1990. And in terms of the musical colabarations, well, he's one of the best guitarists of his time, of course he will get offers, and i think it's cool that he's open minded enough to add his touch to all different kinds of genre artists and doesn't limited himself to only people that would be cool to the rock fan.

It's also worth noting that he has to keep himself relevant, as he doesn't own the GNR name and can't rely on that. If he owned the brand like Axl does...he'd be able use it's marketing leverage.

bigbri
 Rep: 341 

bigbri wrote:

I could care less what slash does offstage to promote himself. It's harmless and necessary. But shit like playing with T-pain on the grammys is downright embarassing to himself and his fans.

That's where me line is, and honestly the people he's chosen to play with over the years isn't exactly inspiring to me as a fan. I can't go around and tout Slash's appearance with Blackstreet or Jamie Foxx cause it's just dumb.

Stepvhen
 Rep: 58 

Stepvhen wrote:

Two pages into this thread and my perceptions of neither have changed

dr_love6977
 Rep: 38 

dr_love6977 wrote:

Yes, there is nothing egotistical about stating opinions. Slash could have fun and make money without having to do the things he is doing. He's one of the most recognizable guitarists out there. The way he's collaborating and crossing genres just isn't tasteful in my opinion. MJ, that was tasteful. Nowadays he's just a hired gun (no pun intended) willing to work with whoever is popular at that given moment. If a kazoo player were the it thing right now, Slash would collaborate with them. The whole Guitar Center "have Slash play on your album" thing is really corny too. It just seems like none of his moves are keeping him known for his amazing talents, but as a novelty. That's just my OPINION, so if anyone wants to consider it egotistical, so be it.

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

AtariLegend wrote:
buzzsaw wrote:

You can thank Axl for helping make Slash the media whore he is today.

This place is like a long running Cartoon that never got cancelled... "Gn'R" forums that is.

That's what I think when I read this everytime I log on.

Board footer