You are not logged in. Please register or login.

apex-twin
 Rep: 200 

Re: www.tommystinson.com

apex-twin wrote:
madagas wrote:

nice...if any lineup sticks, I think it will be this one. Stuff like this shows that they may actually care this time. Something tells me that a new album will happen this year.:cool:

In terms of individual talent, they're obviously not the best possible combination of the CD era. In terms of having mutual chemistry, they're good, tho. Would've been interesting to see the 2007 lineup tackle the CD material with Ron finally melded into the lineup, as the obvious restraints of the past do not make it completely fair to any of the lineups to pit them against each other. The others weren't given a real chance to stand by a new album and tour behind it, so whether it would've worked in the long run is anybody's guess.

Having said that, this lineup is good. Ashba can grow into the role of a classic hard-rock guitar hero, and he's certainly someone you'd expect to see in a band ike the Old Guns. He has that hard-rock swagger written all over himself that personified the AFD/UYI-era band, which is definitely good news when considering that Axl will forever be indebted to that atmosphere, as it helped to propel the band into greatness.

Tommy's the best. Hands down, immense and instant old-school credibility. He's been in the band through thick and thin, which also helps to bridge things. I've grown to see Tommy as a focal point in the bands development and also, as an anchor in their sound. Tommy's always been there to provide those unassuming, thumping bass lines, upon which various guitar players have stepped in to lay their unique sound. The Tommy bass has by now been amalgamated into the Guns sound so distinctly that I'd find it hard for them to go around with him. Even Duff would be a step down, as it'd turn back the clock to the pre-Tommy era, which'd only serve to nullify the later steps of evolution.

This lineup needs only a few years, an album and some serious touring. Judging by their efforts so far, they do have what it takes to make it.

DCK
 Rep: 207 

DCK wrote:

Great to see a website for Tommy, and even focusing on GNR as it should be. Long time coming

faldor
 Rep: 281 

faldor wrote:
madagas wrote:

nice...if any lineup sticks, I think it will be this one. Stuff like this shows that they may actually care this time. Something tells me that a new album will happen this year.:cool:

Yeah things certainly do seem to be moving in the right direction.  Hopefully it continues.  It'd be great to get another album, and hopefully finish off whatever is left in the vault.  I really want to hear what this group of guys can write together though.  Hopefully we get to that point some day.

Will
 Rep: 227 

Will wrote:

Doesn't Tommy have a new solo album coming out soon?

BLS-Pride
 Rep: 212 

BLS-Pride wrote:

It says he does on the website. Cool site.. I like the video. Band seems to be really tight. Dizzy can sing some too.

faldor
 Rep: 281 

faldor wrote:
BLS-Pride wrote:

It says he does on the website. Cool site.. I like the video. Band seems to be really tight. Dizzy can sing some too.

I still love "The Air" by Dizzy.  I didn't think that was him singing at first.  He does have some skills.

Sky Dog wrote:

Tommy has 2 more videos up.....pretty cool.

DCK
 Rep: 207 

DCK wrote:

Jarmo...again...lucky chap

Sky Dog wrote:

Not that any of you guys care, but Tommy has his best clip up now....new, again, pretty cool.

Sky Dog wrote:

interesting points....hand painting on top of the piano is the alternative artwork that was floating around months ago, Tommy kissing Beta before going onstage...kinda shows that these guys are pretty close. Some really good stuff.

Board footer