You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Re: www.tommystinson.com

Neemo wrote:

thats for posting madagas...i love watching this kinda stuff, fucking cool as hell

johndivney wrote:

yea these vid's make it look like the CD project is still very much alive, at least as far as the GnR 'family' are concerned.
dunno thou tommys vid's also seem kinda more depressing than the other communications from the band! like he's saying 'ok touring the world is fun but it can also be a bit weird & confusing if not a bit of a drag at times..'
& why's del going 2 a seafood restaurant only 2 eat some chips?? (fat b@sterd...)

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

Sky Dog wrote:

people wanted behind the scenes stuff, they get the real deal....and nobody cares. Dead thread pretty much but this is the shit people wanted or "allegedly wanted". In the end, for,the most part, this board is not interested in the "new" band. Most here are refugees from the big boards who want to come and bitch about what sucks. Now, that is fine and criticism is a positive thing when done in a constructive way, but...I don't know, the majority of members here, I guess, just simply don't like many of the current members. I'm a Tommy guy and now a Bumble guy...with Frank and Mother Goose bringing up the rear. The band just seems to be kicking ass and people still aren't happy or even semi happy. I don't understand.

faldor
 Rep: 281 

faldor wrote:

I don't get it either really.  Maybe it has something to do with how they haven't toured the US, or wherever anyone else might be from who don't seem to care all that much.  Maybe it's just too far in the distance?  I don't know, but you're right.  Things haven't been going this good in GNR for YEARS and yet people still seem to want to point out the negatives, of which I don't see many.

I love the interaction we've been getting of late.  Tommy's videos are cool.  DJ's too.  Ron's interactions with fans.  All the tweets from the band members alike.  Richard had a little twitter chat the other night.  Not sure if everyone caught that.  It was transcribed over on HTGTH.  Nothing groundbreaking, but he was asked if they'd play "Estranged" and he said he'd love to, they'd just have to get the big man on board.  And he was asked about the lyrics to "Crucify The Dead". 

All the guys seem to be in a really good place right now and seem to be getting along great.  Hopefully this train keeps running for some time, at least until I get to see them up close and personal.

I think people may forget how far we've come too.  At this point these GREAT things are just taken for granted.  Let's not forget that we used to get NOTHING from these guys and now they're almost bending over backwards to make us feel a part of something special.  It's what we wanted.  Yet maybe people don't seem to care because they feel they were entitled to these things all along and it's more of "it's about time" rather than "Thanks, this is awesome!"

Neemo

Neemo wrote:

hoping that when they come stateside and when they play the UK that people will cheer up...

im totally into this band band right now, even loving fortus

i'm on board with it all, i've been fortunate to see the 02, 07 and 10 tours live and this has been the best of the bunch imho

and the twitter updates were more than i wouldve ever expected so i'm loving that....the videos and the jarmo thing with DJ have been fucking fantastic, and with jarmo taking pics for the band there have been some great shots posted online

but i agree with ya madagas its a shame that peopel still arent happy sad

Neemo

Neemo wrote:

can you post that chat in a new thread faldor? i'd love to read that smile

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

Neemo

Neemo wrote:

i hear ya russ....soo crappy that shit happened to you...and youtube vids jsut dont do the live show any justice really sad

when you fianlly see them though it's gonna blow your mind

also feel for those of you who have been let down every tour they have done this decade.... sad

bigbri
 Rep: 341 

bigbri wrote:
madagas wrote:

people wanted behind the scenes stuff, they get the real deal....and nobody cares. Dead thread pretty much but this is the shit people wanted or "allegedly wanted". In the end, for,the most part, this board is not interested in the "new" band. Most here are refugees from the big boards who want to come and bitch about what sucks. Now, that is fine and criticism is a positive thing when done in a constructive way, but...I don't know, the majority of members here, I guess, just simply don't like many of the current members. I'm a Tommy guy and now a Bumble guy...with Frank and Mother Goose bringing up the rear. The band just seems to be kicking ass and people still aren't happy or even semi happy. I don't understand.

Well, you pretty much nailed. People aren't interested, they are interested in bitching to the extreme cause this is the site that is easiest to do that at.  I've gotten used to it. They'll tell you they're fans, but they don't seem like it. If they never actually said the words "I'm a fan" you wouldn't be able to tell.

But yeah, I'm a bit guilty of some of this. I never asked for the inside stuff, except for the Bucket years, and I don't watch the videos and crap now. I follow on twitter and here, that's enough. I don't need to see DJ and Tommy backstage.

Board footer