You are not logged in. Please register or login.

faldor
 Rep: 281 

Re: Steven Adler Biography

faldor wrote:

Sweet, Nick Manning.  Another classic Stern guest.  DROPPIN' LOADS!

Looks a little twisted,,,, in a good way.

TabithaStevens
 Rep: 2 

It wasn't to bad. Appetite was always my fave.
My BFF is Josie Stevens~ married to guitarist Steve Stevens and he plays gigs with Duff and Matt for Camp Freddy shows. It's so awesome to see them play together.

faldor
 Rep: 281 

faldor wrote:

"It wasn't too bad".  Not exactly a glowing compliment.  Better than "It was horrible" I guess.  Tough to top Appetite.  And you seem to have some personal attachments to the Use Your Illusion lineup since you're friends with Duff and Matt, or at least friends of friends of friends.

Have you ever met Axl?  Slash?

TabithaStevens
 Rep: 2 

I have never met Axl or Slash. Matt and I hosted an event at a nudist colony years ago with Ron Jeremy and Slim Jim Phantom. It was a blast. I wouldn't say that Matt and I are good friends but we are friends. My friends in the music biz are Steve Stevens, Tony Campos of Static X, Billy Idol. Derek Sherinian, Dave Navarro and my mind is drawing a blank right now. I'm like a penis that can't bust a nut ~hehehehehe. I've MET LOTS of Rock Stars but meeting them and having their phone #'s in my phone is a different story smile. They are ALL just FRIENDS!

Aussie
 Rep: 286 

Aussie wrote:

Well I finished Adler's book a couple of days ago (only took me 3 days to read it).  Will admit to being pretty underwhelmed with the whole book, although I'm not suprised that I am.

Adler's upbringing and his early days was the only new stuff to me.  Sounds like he was always a handful and irresponsible.  Beyond that there really were no great insights or anything else for that matter.

Even the "sex and drug stuff" there was nothing entertaining in a "Motley Crue - The Dirt" type of manner.  In the end all it consisted of was Stevie wanting to "party" all the time while his life continued to slip away.  The way the book finished and knowing loosely where he is at now via the net and articles etc, I don't see why things will be different now and he won't relapse.  He didn't share any massives "break throughs" that he achieved so I don't see why the current stint of being sober will end any differently to the previous??  Although I hope I'm wrong there.

Regarding him getting kicked out again there wasn't a lot of details.  Other than Adler continuing to be carefree/happy go lucky and "partying" all the time as they started having success.  Then suddenly he claims Duff and Slash started distancing themselves from him then BANG he's out of the band. But then I wouldn't imagine he would be capable of remembering too many details due to the drugs. 

Whilst he sticks his hand up and somewhat takes responsibility for his situation due to his drug abuse etc, there are some conflicting vibes in his whole story.  I still get the feeling that he blames the other guys somewhat and feels that he isn't completely responsible.

As someone else pointed out, it's a shame also he didn't mention anything about his meeting with Axl in Vegas (or whereever it was) more recently.

I found it funny too that he thought The Key Club semi reunion/AFD 20th Anniversary was awesome.  The vibe I got from the whole thing was it was slightly embarassing.  Interesting he also said that the reason Slash didn't play was because he didn't want to piss off Axl and jeopardise any chance of a reunion.

In summary I hope Adler is able to stay clean.  As for the book as you would expect there isn't any great insights and even from a superficial story telling point of view it's pretty boring.  There is hardly even any intersting ancedotes (real or imagined) that I hadnt' heard.

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:

Thanks for the review aussie, did you get it in a local store or import it? I might pick up a copy anyway, as I do like steven.

Don't forget to claim your free song download from the adlers appetite website too - it's availiable for anyone who purchases the book before oct i think.

Aussie
 Rep: 286 

Aussie wrote:

Yeah I just got it locally here at Dymocks.

I was always going to pick it up too despite any negative reviews since he was one of the band members so I'm interested to hear what he has to say, irrespective of how drug fucked he is/was.

Hmm didn't know about the download thingy?

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:

According to the site:

Fans can get the brand new single from Adler'™s Appetite, Alive, for a limited time when they buy a copy of My Appetite for Destruction before October 27th 2010. Email your proof of purchase to adler@harpercollins.com and we'll send you the song!

smile

jamester
 Rep: 84 

jamester wrote:

Arts & Life: original Guns N' Roses drummer Steven Adler

Pita is good, Axl is crazy, and Steven is the underdog- (book interview)

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

Cool interview, thx.

Board footer