You are not logged in. Please register or login.

-D-
 Rep: 231 

Re: Paradise City Pulled from Slash's Solo Album

-D- wrote:

Estranged is my fave song of all time and that is an Axl/Slash song

u take away Slash's guitar work, and that song isn't an epic classic. same with NR.

Robin Finck being someone's fave guitar player is like someone saying T-Pain is their favorite singer

just disgusting! HAHA

Smoking Guns
 Rep: 330 

Smoking Guns wrote:

The cover isn't that bad to me at all... And Slash has some reallllly cool licks in the solos..  Again, the album is going to be AWESOME with or without the track on it.  So who cares...

bigbri
 Rep: 341 

bigbri wrote:
-D- wrote:

Estranged is my fave song of all time and that is an Axl/Slash song

u take away Slash's guitar work, and that song isn't an epic classic. same with NR.

Robin Finck being someone's fave guitar player is like someone saying T-Pain is their favorite singer

just disgusting! HAHA

Good to know people's opinions are disgusting. That's gonna help me in the long run.

dr_love6977
 Rep: 38 

dr_love6977 wrote:
-D- wrote:

just disgusting! HAHA

Yeah, you my want to take an anti-diarrheal for what's coming out of your mouth.

nugdafied wrote:

Thank God.

There's a big difference between play PC live with some people for fun & rerecording it for release. Whatever the reason, I'm glad it's been shelved.

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:

I don't buy the "Slash think's it's crap" argumement...he thought it was good enough for the single release....

Frankly I don't see the issue with it. No one ever peforms GNR songs as good as Axl, that is a given. But fergie is at least hitting the notes because they're in her range, which is more than can be said about the average person who attempts a GNR cover.

It's a bit odd with the CH rapping the verses, but then the lyrics do lend themselves a little to a rap beat anyway.

Listen to fergie at 2:15 hit that note Axl does when he does it live and tell me it's not good!!! I dont even like chick singers, but that shit hits the spot.

Gong
 Rep: 60 

Gong wrote:

PARADISE CITY IS AN iTUNES EXCLUSIVE

apex-twin
 Rep: 200 

apex-twin wrote:
Mikkamakka wrote:
apex-twin wrote:

The publishing rights for Paradise City are divided between three parties:

- Slash
- Duff
- Universal Music Group

In order for Axl to block the release, he'd need to go through Uni to file a complaint.

Universal, not Sanctuary? I know that Uni bought Sanctuary, but that company still exists, doesn't it? Does it work independent, or is it strongly controled by Uni?

Currently, only Sanctuary Artist Management operates under the old name. Sanctuary Publishing has been discontinued. Sanctuary Records has been merged into Uni completely, with artists moved to other in-house subsidiary labels, namely Decca.

Sky Dog wrote:

Weren't Axl's Publishing Rights taken over by Uni? Thus, they own his master recordings and publishing rights...sort of correct?

Axl sold to Sanctuary who in turn sold it to Uni....

apex-twin
 Rep: 200 

apex-twin wrote:

They were, they were.

In early 2005, Axl sold Sanctuary his share of the rights on the '86-'98 back catalogue (1/3), along with full publishing rights for the CD tracks. He profited in around $20 Million out of that deal, so no-one needs to feel sorry for 'poor' Axl.

In late 2007, Sanctuary filed bankcruptcy and Uni acquired the assets. They gained control over the GNR publishing rights (1/3 of the back catalogue & 100% of CD) in the process.

Board footer