You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Gong
 Rep: 60 

Re: SLASH Sets Release Week Of Activities For First Solo Album

Gong wrote:
faldor wrote:

Not a dig at Slash, but mainly to ALL celebrities who make this choice.  F, Jay Leno for what he did to Conan!  People should opt for Letterman or Kimmel instead.  And Slash seemed like he was boys with Conan, what's the deal?  I guess it's all about the "Tonight Show" and not who's hosting it.  After all, I think it is winning in the Late Night ratings again.  I realize Letterman is in NY and it appears Slash will be in CA, so geographically that wouldn't make sense.  Kimmel would've been fine though.

Slash is wearing an "I'm With Coco" button on his guitar strap. smile

war
 Rep: 108 

war wrote:

not bad on the vocals either

Mikkamakka
 Rep: 217 

Mikkamakka wrote:

"We would also like to inform you that Myles will be performing the song Back From Cali with Slash on Lopez Tonight which airs on TBS on Thursday night."
(Alter Bridge Blog)

Stepvhen
 Rep: 58 

Stepvhen wrote:

My man !

faldor
 Rep: 281 

faldor wrote:
Gong wrote:
faldor wrote:

Not a dig at Slash, but mainly to ALL celebrities who make this choice.  F, Jay Leno for what he did to Conan!  People should opt for Letterman or Kimmel instead.  And Slash seemed like he was boys with Conan, what's the deal?  I guess it's all about the "Tonight Show" and not who's hosting it.  After all, I think it is winning in the Late Night ratings again.  I realize Letterman is in NY and it appears Slash will be in CA, so geographically that wouldn't make sense.  Kimmel would've been fine though.

Slash is wearing an "I'm With Coco" button on his guitar strap. smile

That's probably the coolest thing Slash has done in the last 10 years, and that's not a dig at Slash.  I respect him for that.  I had my reservations about him going on the show when he's supposedly "boys" with Conan.  Nice that he showed his support, albeit in a subtle way.  I doubt Leno even noticed.  But more celebrities should take Slash's lead.

I applaud you Slash.  Job well done sir!

Oh, and here's a snap photo of the pin from TMZ

http://www.tmz.com/2010/04/07/slash-con … -coco-nbc/

Smoking Guns
 Rep: 330 

Smoking Guns wrote:

I thought that performance kicked ass and that is one hell of a solo!

buzzsaw
 Rep: 423 

buzzsaw wrote:

Slash rockin' with 3 guitarists...how ironic.

faldor
 Rep: 281 

faldor wrote:

You know I was just thinking, If Jay Leno had any balls, or brains, he'd come out with an "I'm With Axl" pin on tonights show. 

But he won't reference it at all, and I can understand why.  But that would be the funniest thing he's done on his show, ever.

Aussie
 Rep: 286 

Aussie wrote:

I'm curious if anybody that ordered the special Classic Rock edition with the Slash album has their copy yet?

It was due to be released on 7th April from memory - just wondering how long it might take for it to make it's way down to this end of the Earth?

TheMole
 Rep: 77 

TheMole wrote:
buzzsaw wrote:

Slash rockin' with 3 guitarists...how ironic.

You know what, I spent ages spying that clip for the third guitarist before finally noticing Stockdale was holding one as well... That guy has no stage presence whatsoever, continuously looked as if he was afraid someone would come from backstage to haul his ass off stage. Shame, 'cause I dig his vocals on this song.

Board footer