You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Mikkamakka
 Rep: 217 

Re: SLASH Sets Release Week Of Activities For First Solo Album

Mikkamakka wrote:

One of the greatest rock stars of our time is celebrating the release of his new album in true rock star fashion '” by dominating the late night scene, late night television that is. Iconic musician Slash is known for trailblazing guitar work and the innovative, hard-rocking sounds of his new album will be showcased in a series of unique performances slated for release of his first true solo album. Featuring an all-star roster of guest musicians, "Slash" will be available April 6, 2010.

Anticipation has been building for the album since the recent release of the first single, "By The Sword", featuring Andrew Stockdale of WOLFMOTHER, which is currently in rotation at rock radio. To kick of his album release, Slash will be the featured performer at Revolver Golden Gods Awards, with several of his album collaborators making special guest appearances. Slash will also make a series of late-night performances with talk show hosts Jay Leno, George Lopez and Craig Ferguson.

Slash TV dates to watch (check local listings):

* Tuesday, April 6 - "The Tonight Show with Jay Leno" (NBC)
* Thursday, April 8 - "Lopez Tonight" with George Lopez (TBS)
* Thursday, April 8 - Revolver Golden Gods Awards ceremony from Hollywood (airs May 22 on VH1)
* Friday, April 8 - "Late Late Show with Craig Ferguson" (CBS)

http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbe … mID=137277

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:

a pitty gnr never did this for the cd release sad

faldor
 Rep: 281 

faldor wrote:

Not a dig at Slash, but mainly to ALL celebrities who make this choice.  F, Jay Leno for what he did to Conan!  People should opt for Letterman or Kimmel instead.  And Slash seemed like he was boys with Conan, what's the deal?  I guess it's all about the "Tonight Show" and not who's hosting it.  After all, I think it is winning in the Late Night ratings again.  I realize Letterman is in NY and it appears Slash will be in CA, so geographically that wouldn't make sense.  Kimmel would've been fine though.

Sorry for the rant, just had to get that out there.

I will watch regardless.  Obviously a good move for him to go on the promotional trail.

nugdafied wrote:

Uhhhhg!!!...Slash is making me watch George Lopez again.

Gong
 Rep: 60 

Gong wrote:
nugdafied wrote:

Uhhhhg!!!...Slash is making me watch George Lopez again.

Yeah, that show is terrrrrible

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:
Neemo wrote:

a pitty gnr never did this for the cd release sad

Slash knows how to properly promote, and also gives a shit about his work.

Unlike the Red One.

-D-
 Rep: 231 

-D- wrote:
faldor wrote:

Not a dig at Slash, but mainly to ALL celebrities who make this choice.  F, Jay Leno for what he did to Conan!  People should opt for Letterman or Kimmel instead.  And Slash seemed like he was boys with Conan, what's the deal?  I guess it's all about the "Tonight Show" and not who's hosting it.  After all, I think it is winning in the Late Night ratings again.  I realize Letterman is in NY and it appears Slash will be in CA, so geographically that wouldn't make sense.  Kimmel would've been fine though.

I will watch regardless.  Obviously a good move for him to go on the promotional trail.

Leno got fucked over first. how do u steal something that was stolen from u?

faldor
 Rep: 281 

faldor wrote:
-D- wrote:
faldor wrote:

Leno got fucked over first. how do u steal something that was stolen from u?

I never said Leno STOLE anything.  He was fired by NBC twice, agreed that he'd move his show back to 11:30 if Conan was alright with going on at midnight.  When Conan wasn't alright with that and NBC offered Leno the job, he accepted.  That's how things happened.  Leno could've easily done the honorable thing and left NBC for another network, Fox was interested, and made plenty of cash.  But instead he screwed over Conan and his entire staff.  Conan's people all moved from NY to LA and they all lost their jobs because of Jay's own selfishness.

Again, though.  I'll watch his show if he has on a guest worth watching, ie. Slash.  But it still doesn't make anything that went down, right.  And he's a dick for it, and always will be in my mind.

Mikkamakka
 Rep: 217 

Mikkamakka wrote:

Slash & Andrew Stockdale - "By The Sword"  4/6 Leno

Communist China
 Rep: 130 

I love Ferguson's show, bit surprised he's going on there but that would be fun to see.

Board footer