You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Acquiesce
 Rep: 30 

Re: PAUL STANLEY: DOC MCGHEE Is Not Managing GUNS N' ROSES

Acquiesce wrote:
slashsfro wrote:

I had actually read about the exorcism in the past but this is the first time I've heard of Yoda bragging about it.  It's really sad considering that none of that new age stuff he tried seems to have helped him that much.

Well of course not. Psychics are not real. How could they help him? I find it more sad that he shelled out big bucks to a fraud and let her have so much influence over him. Might as well consult a magic 8 ball and save your cash.

Doesn't surprise me that they were bragging about his gullibility. Psychics are cons and unfortunately their victims are incredibly gullible. A lot of them feel if you are dumb enough to fall for it then you deserve to get conned. It's quite sad to see how people are willing to throw all common sense out the window when it comes to these frauds. It's even sadder than someone of Axl's stature was so involved with one. 18

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

Sometimes hyper-intelligence, can lead to overanalyzing, which can lead to a suspending of common sense.

Hell I can smoke opium, and talk like Yoda, and give you life's answers.

Solution, this melody inside of me still searches for.

DCK
 Rep: 207 

DCK wrote:

Well of course not. Psychics are not real.

Alright. Not gonna go into a debate of religion here, but replace Yoda with a priest, telling the story how Axl sought advice, comfort and all kinds of enlightment in christianity or any other form of state-approved religion, would we mock it this bad?

The masses would be silent then, because invisible men in the sky that created the world are suddenly ok.

Now..psychics and these other types of medium have way more guts than priests. Not only do they put themselves in a place of which were skeptics may actually test their actions while if you try to "test" religion it's waved away as "faith" and should be respected.

No offense to anyone here, but Axl seeing this Yoda character goes under the exact same rules as any other religion or faith in my book. IMO, all of it is nonsense of the highest grade, but I'm not asshole enough to mock one thing and praise the other.

Not saying you don't think like I do Acquiesce, but since I'm being told to respect religions, that goes for all religions, not just the ones the goverment or the President seems very fond of. Seeing actresses on the podium thanking God for the award makes me undecided on whether to laugh or cry.

Last I checked, most of the worlds population (God knows why) believe in invisible powers. If Axl wanna see a psychic then go ahead. People have sought advice in much worse (invisible) places.

war
 Rep: 108 

war wrote:

i believe in god and psychic powers

but there are cons out there, claiming to have psychic powers that don't.

DCK

DCK wrote:

Of course, but going to a catholic priest or to Yoda is the same line of stuff. Either both should be equally mocked or respected.

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

war

war wrote:
DCK wrote:

Of course, but going to a catholic priest or to Yoda is the same line of stuff. Either both should be equally mocked or respected.

people are gonna mock what they disagree with or don't believe in.

most people see religion as something concrete and somewhat proven or they simply choose to believe in it because it makes sense to them and gives their life meaning. others do not believe. either way, i think most have thought about it and whether or not it fits in to their life.

the people that go to psychics are usually looking to find out information about something pertinent and important to them so i wouldn't so they are gullable as much as they are desperate. outside of that, most probably do not spend too much time pondering the validity of psychic powers and whether or not it fits in to their lives.

personally, i wouldn't mock anyone for going to see either person but a priest is a priest. there aren't too many frauds in the vatican. child molesters, maybe, but you have bad seeds in all professions. true psychics, on the other hand, are hard to find in a field filled with scam artists.

war

war wrote:

?

DCK

DCK wrote:

there aren't too many frauds in the vatican.

It's all a fraud mate.

Yoda is just as much fraud than state organized religion.

But let's not get tangled in a discussion of belief and religion.

I just have the opinion that Axl should not be mocked for seeking help and advice with Yoda when billions of sheep follows the fraud that is religion.

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:
russtcb wrote:

Only on a Guns N' Roses message board does a discussion about facebook pics turn into a discussion about God & psychic powers...

This is one of the funniest things i've ever read... lol

Board footer