You are not logged in. Please register or login.

James
 Rep: 664 

Re: GnREvolution Movie Madness II - Round 1, Battle 11

James wrote:
Communist China wrote:

The 89 Batman is one of the most boring, uninteresting movies I have ever seen. I guess you had to be there, because to me it's total crap.

Shining.

I was there, and I completely agree. Never understood the love it gets. Jack Nicholson as the Joker is one of the worst performances of all time.

Everything about it sucks, but even if it had been decent, that performance taints the whole thing.

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

slashsfro
 Rep: 53 

slashsfro wrote:

Voted for The Shining.  Can never finish watching Batman in one sitting always end up falling asleep at some point.  The two Nolan Batman films would get my vote easily.

faldor
 Rep: 281 

faldor wrote:

This one was tough for me, but I went for The Shining.  Looks like I avoided making it a tie,,,,, for now.  I did LOVE Batman as a kid, but I honestly can't remember the last time I saw it, IF I even ever saw it again.

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:

2172896370_42c31f4c8f.jpg

dead%20twins.jpg

^that scene was shocking for its time. Hell, it's still shocking. Very few films are willing to cross the line and show any graphic depiction of the murder of children. Whether or not that fact is a good or bad thing is beside the point. Kubrick actually had the balls to go there, and even if I disregard the rest of this great flick, the above scene trumps Jack Nicholson playing Jack Nicholson in makeup.

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:

In "GnREvolution Movie Madness II" fire represents death, when the Movie's credits roll, the movie goes up in flames, when the names are read, the decision is final and they must leave the tribal council area immediately. I'll go tally the votes.

Batman bring me your torch.

qr199v.jpg

The Tribe has spoken

Board footer