You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Re: Reb Beach: Kirk Hammett is one of the worst guitar players...

Neemo wrote:

WINGER 16

Mikkamakka
 Rep: 217 

Mikkamakka wrote:
misterID wrote:

That sounds exactly like Mikka talking about Robin. 16

Although I think Kirk is better than Robin, this is a pretty valid statement by Reb Beach. wink

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

Stepvhen
 Rep: 58 

Stepvhen wrote:
russtcb wrote:

People always tell me this is actually a good album by them but I've never listened to it:
http://www.metalkingdom.net/album/img/d13/2162.jpg

I'm a hard core Deep Purple and Whitesnake FAn. That brought me to REb Beach. Never listened to winger. The name...."Kip" makes me kringe

Axl S
 Rep: 112 

Axl S wrote:

Pretty much agree about the vibrato thing. Calling it beginner is harsh but it is pretty bad for a guitarist who receives as many accolades as Kirk does. To be deserving of some of the things said about Kirk you'd think he is a much better guitarist than what you hear on material he's played on.

gnfnraxl
 Rep: 43 

gnfnraxl wrote:
russtcb wrote:

People always tell me this is actually a good album by them but I've never listened to it:
http://www.metalkingdom.net/album/img/d13/2162.jpg

Well I'm either not normal or those people are weird.  I have that record and it sucks and it sucks real bad.

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

bobp
 Rep: 0 

bobp wrote:

I like both bands but I will say this...Winger is actually much more talented.  Metallica had a cooler image, and Winger def. got a bad rap (which they might have deserved with Kip's ballet moves and playgirl appearance) but Reb is a lot better than Kirk and Kip is a REALLY good musician.  If you listen to Winger's unreleased demo stuff or the album Pull, you'll see what I'm talking about.

-D-
 Rep: 231 

-D- wrote:

Winger over Metallica??

I like this guy already

I don't agree but I thought i was the only one that said very differing off the wall stuff.

metallex78
 Rep: 194 

metallex78 wrote:

Back in the 80's and early 90's, Kirk was a force to be reckoned with, a really excellent live player.

I don't know if it's old age or laziness, but he has gotten really sloppy, and botches up most of his solos regularly.

It's funny, I used to rate him over Slash, because Slash would always fuck up his solos live (mostly due to being fucked up), but these days Slash is almost flawless, and Kirk is sloppy as hell.

Board footer