You are not logged in. Please register or login.

faldor
 Rep: 281 

Re: The 2010-11 NFL Season Thread

faldor wrote:

I agree.  But if he was anywhere near as great as all the so called experts make him out to be, the money shouldn't have been an issue.

I'm actually surprised one team put in a claim for him.  I still think it speaks volumes.  He's a top 10 all time WR.  You don't have a chance at acquiring a guy like that very often.

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:

Crazy VIKES game.

I'll still be surprised if Chilly is coach tomorrow. The game was called very badly until Favre took over play-calling in the final 3 minutes. Hence why it went to OT. The Harvin fumble and poor pass protection didn't help, but there were poor coaching decisons and the entire building was chanting "Fire Chilly."

Communist China
 Rep: 130 

I love this SNF game.

Bono
 Rep: 386 

Bono wrote:

How 'Bout them Cowboys!!! Fuck yeah best time to be a Cowboys fan is right now..............  17

Unbelievable that these fucking worthless coaches are still coaching. It's embarassing that a pro athlete can and does quit on a coach but that's what's happened in Dallas.  If Jerry Jones does not fire Wade and garrett this week I won't watch another game all season. It's so damn disgisting that a "GM" woudl sit back and allow the season to just slip away because he wants to ahve total control. Hey Jerry pull your fucking plastic surgery head outta your ass and hire a real football guy to be GM and then let him hire a real fucking coach.

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:

hardly fair to pin the season on the coaches ... they have been decimated by injuries

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:

They were sucking before Romo got hurt, though. I like Wade but he's not a good head coach.

My brother is the worlds biggest Cowboys fan and he truly believes they're going to get Cowher or Gruden next year. I told him if SD fires Norv Turner that's the next Cowboys coach. I don't see Jerry bringing in another Parcells or Jimmy Johnson guy, and those guys are going to have teams willing to give them whatever they want. Jerry won't.

My guess would be John Fox might be a guy they go after or Urban Meyer if he decides to leave college. That is if The Chargers keep Norv...

...But you never know. Mike Holmgren could leave The Browns to take a coaching job at Dallas. He and Jerry are really tight.

Neemo

Neemo wrote:

yeah and the offensive line was hurtin before Romo got injured as well

Communist China
 Rep: 130 

Compared to Green Bay's injury problems the Cowboys injuries, minus Romo, are pretty minor. And even when Romo was healthy they were a 1-6 team, so hard to blame their struggles on his absence.

The coaches obviously have to go but it's the players fault for the way they play. They've completely given up and that really speaks about the character they have there. I've never been impressed with this Cowboys team and the inability to win playoff games, the attitude of entitlement they have, and their collapse this season all point to the players. Wade may be terrible (he's actually just mediocre) but it's not his fault the Cowboys choose not to tackle players. Or that they get beat in man coverage 9 of 10 times.

Athletes at this level shouldn't need coaches to motivate them. It's as unprofessional as anything I've seen in the NFL.

Bono
 Rep: 386 

Bono wrote:
Neemo wrote:

hardly fair to pin the season on the coaches ... they have been decimated by injuries

No they haven't. Romo got hurt two weeks ago when the team was already 1-5. That's the only substantial injury Dallas has. It's on coaching dude. They've created a terrible carefree culture in Dallas. When things don't go right what'ya see? The fucking coaches moping around the sidelines like lost puppies. That shit would never happen with a guy like Cowher or Gruden on the sidelines.  Dallas is fucked because there's this culture of self entitlement. They believed thier own hype and that falls on the coaches..... even though the players are playing like pussies. You can't change 53 players. It's pathetic that pro athletes need to be motivated but in this day and age that's the sad fucking truth and when you've got a coahc who looks as lost as the player that's a BIG FUCKING PROBLEM.  Guys I'd like to see them make offers to

1. Cowher
2. Gruden
3. Dungy(he won't come out of retirement)
4. Fisher(I think his contract is up at the end of this year?)
5. Rob Ryan(DC for the Browns)

the sad thing is Rob Ryan is a DC and may just take the job to get the HC position and who knows if he'll be another Yes man to jerry. the other guys wouldn't be but Jerry's not likely to give up that control. the dude needs to fire himself as General manager.

Also in my opinion Ware, Dez, Romo & Austin are the only guys you don't considering moving in the off season.  Everyone else is expendable.

Neemo

Neemo wrote:

they fired wade philips

Board footer