You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Communist China
 Rep: 130 

Re: The 2010-11 NFL Season Thread

Well I'm sure promoting Jason Garrett will solve all their problems roll

Bono
 Rep: 386 

Bono wrote:

I haven't seen any visible improvements in the Dallas Cowboys since Jason Garrett took over as head coach. Time to fire him as well.

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:

they were sayin last week on espn sunday countdown or whatever the fuck its called that it would make more sense to hire the official replacement in the offseason cuz that way the new coach could reshape the team easier in the offseason

Bono
 Rep: 386 

Bono wrote:
Neemo wrote:

they were sayin last week on espn sunday countdown or whatever the fuck its called that it would make more sense to hire the official replacement in the offseason cuz that way the new coach could reshape the team easier in the offseason

Absolutely. What I'd like to see is the team hire Cowher as GM right freaking now so the guy could get a feel for the team. Or Gruden.  Jerry needs to resign as GM and just hire football guys to make football decisions. Jerry needs to become handoff other than handing out money.  My point with the joke about Red Ball is he's not the answer, never will be and he needs the heave ho! I'm worried if the Cowboys .500  teh rest fo the way or the team shows some kind of mini spark under Garrett, Jerry is fool enough to keep him on as HC for next year.

Neemo

Neemo wrote:

well dumb thing is that their dfense sucks bad right now and then they promote their offensive coordinator

Neemo

Neemo wrote:

speaking of letdowns....see the pats get fucking tooled by the browns? wtf is up with that shit

slashsfro
 Rep: 53 

slashsfro wrote:
Bono wrote:
Neemo wrote:

hardly fair to pin the season on the coaches ... they have been decimated by injuries

No they haven't. Romo got hurt two weeks ago when the team was already 1-5. That's the only substantial injury Dallas has. It's on coaching dude. They've created a terrible carefree culture in Dallas. When things don't go right what'ya see? The fucking coaches moping around the sidelines like lost puppies. That shit would never happen with a guy like Cowher or Gruden on the sidelines.  Dallas is fucked because there's this culture of self entitlement. They believed thier own hype and that falls on the coaches..... even though the players are playing like pussies. You can't change 53 players. It's pathetic that pro athletes need to be motivated but in this day and age that's the sad fucking truth and when you've got a coahc who looks as lost as the player that's a BIG FUCKING PROBLEM.  Guys I'd like to see them make offers to

1. Cowher
2. Gruden
3. Dungy(he won't come out of retirement)
4. Fisher(I think his contract is up at the end of this year?)
5. Rob Ryan(DC for the Browns)

the sad thing is Rob Ryan is a DC and may just take the job to get the HC position and who knows if he'll be another Yes man to jerry. the other guys wouldn't be but Jerry's not likely to give up that control. the dude needs to fire himself as General manager.

Also in my opinion Ware, Dez, Romo & Austin are the only guys you don't considering moving in the off season.  Everyone else is expendable.

Fisher's contract is up after the 2011 season although I'm not sure whether or not he could handle the big media market of Dallas and the specter of Jerry Jones sticking his head in personnel decisions.

I think the talent on that team is overrated once you get past the four guys you mention in the last point.  I'd keep Jay Ratliff too.  They need to clean house and just rebuild their team.  The OL has been shit for the past few years.  Marion Barber got far too much money a few years ago.  He's a short yardage back.  They could probably just go with Felix Jones/Tashard Choice as an running back by committee.  Outside of Newman, the DB's are suspect.

They could grab LSU CB Patrick Peterson if they have the chance.  Solves a CB need and a returner.

Jerry's ego would never want to relinquish power though.  He might hire a name guy and promise not to interfere but in the end he'll probably make a few major personnel moves just because he owns the team.  See how the Bill Parcells era ended as an example.

Communist China
 Rep: 130 

Winless no more! Winless no more! Thank Fred Jackson, we're winless no more!

slashsfro
 Rep: 53 

slashsfro wrote:

Good for them, seriously they've been playing better than the Panthers (who have been awful the past month) and really should have won one of those games.  Panthers are clearly the worst at this point.

Ok who had DAL rising up and hanging 33 on the Giants and winning that game. Or DEN putting up 49 on KC.  This reminds me of the 2006-2007 years where half the teams will still be mathematically alive for the playoffs.

And the Titans blow a game at MIA.  VY vs Jeff Fisher rises up again.  Seriously, if you saw that game, there was zero chance that Kerry Collins with a hand problem is better than Vince Young (who moved around well).  At some point these guys just have to get away from one another period.  I'm betting Fisher goes first.

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:

I seriously hope the love affair between the Dolphins and Tyler Thigpen is officially over. The boy straight out blows. Why the fuck they didn't get Trent Edwards when they had the chance is beyond me.

Board footer