You are not logged in. Please register or login.

slashsfro
 Rep: 53 

Re: The 2010-11 NFL Season Thread

slashsfro wrote:

Those high profile moves almost never work out.  LT is done anyway.  Braylon Edwards is a suspect WR.  The Revis situation is pretty bad but they did draft Kyle Wilson in the first round.

Every year some team that everyone assumes will do well/contend falls flat on its face.  I don't think the Jets will fall to last (Bills are far worse and their two top RB just got injured) but I could see them getting 7-9 wins and underperforming.

Only wild card here is if Mark Sanchez develops a lot and carries the team for a few games while they go through their problems.

NE still has talent and MIA problem was on defense last year.  I could see them both passing the Jets.

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:

I'm still not sold on Sanchez. I think he'll end up being Chad Pennington good at best.

The Patriots defense has been hurting for a while. Just no ones talked about it... About the time Romeo Crennel left... Ty going out is a major deal, imo.

The Bills are going to be okay in the RB department. Spiller looked good. And I was way impressed with Bell and Chad Simpson. This might give them a big opportunity right now. And they don't look like they're adapting to the 3-4 very well at all. Defense was one of their good spots, and Gailey comes in and changes the whole damn scheme. What an idiot. He should have gone with the 3-4, 4-3 hybrid and he could keep his best players (LB's) on the field. Now they can't use them.

My Dolpins look okay. I just wish they would have picked up Colt Brennan as a back up when they had the chance. I wonder how Shanahan and son feel about booting him for the disaster that John Beck is. What a fucking horrible decision. And it was one of those old school, bullshit moves to get rid of the QB the old regime drafted. That really worked out well for them, didn't it? 16

Communist China
 Rep: 130 

The Bills are gonna suck again.

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:

That was a nasty hit Eli took. The blood was gushing from his head. Damn.... It was a good game up until that point. I totally forgot it was a preseason game. I got a lot of respect for him.

I think I've lost all respect for Rex Ryan and the Jets. Keeping your starting players against the other teams back ups to make your team look good = Fail.

BLS-Pride
 Rep: 212 

BLS-Pride wrote:
Communist China wrote:

The Bills are gonna suck again.

"AW NO WE SUCK AGAIN!"

And yeah mister.. Rex is a tool bag.

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:

EDEN PRAIRIE, Minn. -- The Minnesota Vikings say Brett Favre is about to practice with his teammates.

The Vikings made a short announcement this morning, a day after Favre arrived on a private jet from Hattiesburg, Miss.

The team says Favre will participate in the early afternoon practice and then hold a news conference afterward.

Favre was contemplating retirement yet again this summer.

He had surgery on his left ankle in the off-season from an injury sustained in the NFC title game against New Orleans.

The 40-year-old quarterback is coming off one of his finest seasons, when he threw 33 touchdowns and seven interceptions in his first year with the Vikings.

PaSnow
 Rep: 205 

PaSnow wrote:

I'm excited.  Eagles look better than I'd expected, but I still think it's going to be a bad season for them.  My Predictions:

NFC East
Dallas 12-4
Wash 10-6
NYG 9-7
PHI  7-9

NFC Central
Minn 11-5

NFC South
NO  12-4

NFC West
ARI 10-6

Wildcard - NYG, Wash

AFC East
NE - 11-5

AFC North -
Balt  10-6

AFC South
Indy - 11-5

AFC West
SD - 12-4

Wildcard - Tennessee, Cinci

SB -  NO over NE.

I listed the entire NFC East standings as that's the division I mostly follow.  I think it's going to be hard fought, with teh Eagles losing out 2-4 in the division, Dallas winning pretty handily in it, 5-1.   SD I think wins easy in the regular season due to their division schedule, falling quickly in the playoffs. I think Detroit yikes could be a candidate for surprise team of the year, myb sneaking in a wildcard spot.

We'll see, should be fun. Today, we're all tied for first place & a playoff spot!

faldor
 Rep: 281 

faldor wrote:

Picks look solid.  Thing is though, nearly all of those teams made the playoffs last year and there always seem to be a few new entrants from year to year.  Not sure Arizona will be the team to beat in the West without Warner.  San Fran might give them a run.  The AFC East is also a tossup at this point.  Most people are picking the Jets.  The Dolphins are expected to be good too, and you can't count out the Patriots just yet.

There always are some surprise teams.  Detroit is an interesting pick.  They should be better, but that's not saying much considering their record last year.  They did compete in a lot of games last season though.  Maybe they'll turn a few of those close losses into wins.  Oakland could actually be a little better this year too.  They seemed to have made some good moves in the off season, for once.

slashsfro
 Rep: 53 

slashsfro wrote:

I think Washington could be a lot worse than the 10-6 record you predicted.  You're underselling the Eagles a little here.  Have no idea what to expect from the Giants.  I think Seattle could contend in the West provided they pick up Vincent Jackson.  I haven't exactly heard glowing reports about Matt Leinart in ARZ, whichever team gets good, consistent QB play in that division should win.

The NFC North I think will come down to GB and MIN.  CHI still has OLine problems (Cutler blamed them the other day too) and DET is still young; with Detroit they could get to 7 wins this year and that is great news for their long suffering fan base.

I think CIN noses out BAL for the AFC North crown.  That division has more issues than the other ones.  The East is a 3 team race.  So is the AFC South.  I always wait for IND to crash and burn but they never do.  Can't really trust HOU because they always choke in must win games.  TEN should be in it considering their D can't really be worse than last year.

SD will win the West again.  I think the Raiders still might have a QB problem.  DEN has D injuries.  I think the Chiefs could be a suprise team here.

PaSnow
 Rep: 205 

PaSnow wrote:

^^ I forgot Warner retired.  It'll probably be SF then, possibly SEA, but I don't wanna change my picks.  I just have a bad feeling about the Eagles D & D coaching.  That's all.

Board footer