You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Re: Rumors building up regarding CDII release date...

Sky Dog wrote:
Gong wrote:

For some reason (end of S. American tour, Slash's disappointing album) these rumors have come to a head this week.

But they've been percolating for a while.

Remember the NY POST article that said Axl was prepping a new album?

http://www.nypost.com/p/entertainment/m … z0lHkdIDa9

Logical, informed speculation would suggest the disc was coming out (at the earliest) this Fall or next Spring.

The fact that folks are saying early Summer (literally right around the corner) makes me go "Hmmmm"

I say Fall..or right as a US Tour starts. They aren't doing all these tweets and videos and websites for nothing....

faldor
 Rep: 281 

faldor wrote:

Yeah, early summer seems nearly impossible.  But it could be by the end of the year.  Of course last week I was saying how I wasn't convinced we'd ever get any more new material.  So who knows?  But there certainly does appear to be plenty of material to choose from and it's always good to strike while the iron is hot, and more importantly before Axl goes back into hiding and the band becomes inactive for a 5 year period.

This probably means nothing and is just a coincidence, but I remember reading an update on www.chinese-democracy.blogspot.com about the Best Buy deal back in August 2008, BEFORE it was officially announced.  From Bob Lefsetz's blog, he used the same term, "birdie".

http://lefsetz.com/wordpress/index.php/ … ore-g-n-r/

More G N'™ R

A little birdie told me the deal with Best Buy is done.  All that'™s left to do is sign the contract.

Now I know it's a common phrase, "a little birdie told me'.  So like I said, it's probably nothing.  Just something I picked up on.  Maybe it's the same "birdie"?

Gong
 Rep: 60 

Gong wrote:

Nah.

buzzsaw
 Rep: 423 

buzzsaw wrote:
Naltav wrote:
buzzsaw wrote:
Olorin wrote:

Would be nice but I couldnt give a fuck about rumours, when Axl says its on, then I'll believe.

I won't even believe it then.  Axl said that CD was coming for years before it actually came out.

That said, if there is an album, he will HAVE to work with someone to promote it because the album is not going to sell itself.

Tours are the best promotion when it comes to selling albums! And that's what GNR are doing now... Axl is obviously working with his new management and various promotors all over the world.

So Axl and GNR have actually been doing a good job since december of last year. They just have too keep going! And it looks like they're doing just that, wouldn't you say buzzsaw?  smile

Ummm...no.  Maybe if they were playing music from the upcoming album, but they aren't.  In fact, they are barely playing anything off their most recent album.

Will
 Rep: 227 

Will wrote:
bucketfan wrote:

a self titled, GNR album

Self titled? Interesting move if true, might cause a shitstorm in the press and bring up more old-vs-new arguments tongue

Gong
 Rep: 60 

Gong wrote:
downliner wrote:
bucketfan wrote:

a self titled, GNR album

Self titled? Interesting move if true, might cause a shitstorm in the press and bring up more old-vs-new arguments tongue

They would be smart not to name it Chinese Democracy 2

Stepvhen
 Rep: 58 

Stepvhen wrote:

A little birdie told me there are 65 Thursdays between CD I and II

Tommie
 Rep: 67 

Tommie wrote:

Who are these posters at mygnr?  Are they at all reliable?

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:
Gong wrote:

For some reason (end of S. American tour, Slash's disappointing album) these rumors have come to a head this week.

But they've been percolating for a while.

Remember the NY POST article that said Axl was prepping a new album?

http://www.nypost.com/p/entertainment/m … z0lHkdIDa9

Logical, informed speculation would suggest the disc was coming out (at the earliest) this Fall or next Spring.

The fact that folks are saying early Summer (literally right around the corner) makes me go "Hmmmm"

Everything in that story sounds legit to me. I can totally see the press conversations happening a lot.

Olorin
 Rep: 268 

Olorin wrote:
Gong wrote:
downliner wrote:
bucketfan wrote:

a self titled, GNR album

They would be smart not to name it Chinese Democracy 2

Yep, that name is cursed. Although Axl did say he considered it a double album, so who knows. I still think it sounds kinda cool...

Board footer