You are not logged in. Please register or login.

bucketfan
 Rep: 30 

Re: Rumors building up regarding CDII release date...

bucketfan wrote:

Take it with a grain of salt though!  I'm not posting this to be regarded as fact.  However it does sound plausible, what with the huge tour at the moment.

From mygnrforum;

"Kind of ironic to see that such a thread exists ...

Recently while I was in LA on business, a little birdie mentioned to me that a self titled, GNR album is set to drop in early summer.
I'm not guaranteeing anything (nor would I ever considering Axl's track record). Just repeating what I was told by someone who could have knowledge of this because of his position. "

"The "birdie" told me that Universal received something like 30 tracks back in April 2008 from the Guns camp. Due to all the leaks, it was a no-brainer which songs would actually make the first album. If this "birdie" is accurate, during the touring down-time, Axl has been working with Universal on a marketing campaign for the new album (I know - hard to believe).

Again, just repeating what I was told. Not trying to sell it as fact. "

And from another guy;

"Only some demos being tried out by the new kids.

Many songs for the next record were finished a long time ago. New guitarists inputs will be added to it, Axl adds a few vocals here and there. The songs the new guys came up with doesn't impress Axl a lot.

And if they don't come up with better stuff, the next album will have Buckethead and Finck featuring almost everything in credits. "

Aussie
 Rep: 286 

Aussie wrote:

Interesting!!! 

If he does have a new album ready to go he needs to look to drop it ASAP.  I don't think it adds anything to continue to tinker with stuff by getting Ashba, Ron et al to redo Buckethead or Finck stuff, or adding a new fill in here and another guitar melody over the top of 15 others over there etc.  Just let the stuff go now.

If he wants the current lineup on music my pesonal opinion is to keep working on completely new stuff with them.  But releasing the rest of the BH/Finck era material without having the new guys on is not going to be any more detrimental to it, I think it's the best strategy.

As has been said often before, it's just a crying shame the trigger was never pulled on releasing all this stuff back in 2001.  Unfortunately the passage of time and continual tinkering with it has probably diminished the material rather than added to it.

Getting all this stuff finally out there is probably a good thing for him too, Hopefully it may help him to close that section of his professional life and enable him to move forward with a clean slate with the new guys if that's what he wants to do.

Naltav
 Rep: 70 

Naltav wrote:

There are defenitley a cecond or even third CD.

Considering things Axl said in the chats and Baz saying that Axl said that General is going to be on the third album in 2012, I'm pretty sure we'll see SOMETHING by then...

And another thing... If something leaks, I'm gonna try, with every fiber in my body, not to listen to it before it hits the stores! I loved ChiDem when it hit and still do! But next time I listen to a new GNR-album, I want more than four "new" songs....  =/

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:

If true, looks like GNR Evo is gonna have to get its hands on the UMG release forecast like we did two years ago. Albums don't get released unless they show up on that internal memo. If its not on the coming forecast, its not coming out this summer.

Olorin
 Rep: 268 

Olorin wrote:

i dont believe it, mygnr folk have started CD2 rumour threads for shits and giggles and on cue "insiders" make their triumphant return.

Would be nice but I couldnt give a fuck about rumours, when Axl says its on, then I'll believe.

buzzsaw
 Rep: 423 

buzzsaw wrote:
Olorin wrote:

Would be nice but I couldnt give a fuck about rumours, when Axl says its on, then I'll believe.

I won't even believe it then.  Axl said that CD was coming for years before it actually came out.

That said, if there is an album, he will HAVE to work with someone to promote it because the album is not going to sell itself.

Gong
 Rep: 60 

Gong wrote:

Why did they hire DocMcGhee while their tour was already underway?

redarmy76
 Rep: 5 

redarmy76 wrote:

Come On, we have been down this road before.  Even if there is a concrete plan in motion (which I highly doubt there is), do you think that it is even possible for Axl to release an album while he's scheduled to tour.  I would bet the farm that after the debacle with CD, Uncle Axl will have his hand on anything and everything involved with it.  It just doesn't sound right to me.

Gong
 Rep: 60 

Gong wrote:

For some reason (end of S. American tour, Slash's disappointing album) these rumors have come to a head this week.

But they've been percolating for a while.

Remember the NY POST article that said Axl was prepping a new album?

http://www.nypost.com/p/entertainment/m … z0lHkdIDa9

Logical, informed speculation would suggest the disc was coming out (at the earliest) this Fall or next Spring.

The fact that folks are saying early Summer (literally right around the corner) makes me go "Hmmmm"

Naltav
 Rep: 70 

Naltav wrote:
buzzsaw wrote:
Olorin wrote:

I won't even believe it then.  Axl said that CD was coming for years before it actually came out.

That said, if there is an album, he will HAVE to work with someone to promote it because the album is not going to sell itself.

Tours are the best promotion when it comes to selling albums! And that's what GNR are doing now... Axl is obviously working with his new management and various promotors all over the world.

So Axl and GNR have actually been doing a good job since december of last year. They just have too keep going! And it looks like they're doing just that, wouldn't you say buzzsaw?  smile

Board footer