You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Re: Rumors building up regarding CDII release date...

nugdafied wrote:
James Lofton wrote:

Might as well release a video of a UYI track.

I vote for locomotive 9

Dadud
 Rep: 14 

Dadud wrote:
James Lofton wrote:

There's no point releasing a video at this juncture. The album is two years old. Had there already been videos/singles promoting the band/tour, then go right ahead.

A video is dead on arrival regardless of which song is picked. Might as well release a video of a UYI track.

Time for the band to move on or bask in nostalgia.

James, i meant "new" single as in completely new unheard song, not something off of CD.

buzzsaw
 Rep: 423 

buzzsaw wrote:
Dadud wrote:
James Lofton wrote:

There's no point releasing a video at this juncture. The album is two years old. Had there already been videos/singles promoting the band/tour, then go right ahead.

A video is dead on arrival regardless of which song is picked. Might as well release a video of a UYI track.

James, i meant "new" single as in completely new unheard song, not something off of CD.

There is no interest in that either.

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

Stepvhen
 Rep: 58 

Stepvhen wrote:
buzzsaw wrote:
Dadud wrote:
James Lofton wrote:

Who gave you the authority to speak on behalf of Me and the rest of society?

Naltav
 Rep: 70 

Naltav wrote:
Stepvhen wrote:
buzzsaw wrote:
Dadud wrote:

Yeah, most of the fans would just hate it if that happened! 16

buzzsaw

buzzsaw wrote:
Stepvhen wrote:
buzzsaw wrote:
Dadud wrote:

All the people that didn't bother to buy CD or didn't bother to go to the shows or didn't bother to notice either single release or didn't bother to know GnR still existed or didn't bother to know that Axl was even still allive or...

You get the point.  A few fanboys (far less than there used to be too) on the internet doesn't equate interest in a new album.

Rest assured, I will NEVER speak for you.  You don't even exist in my world.

war
 Rep: 108 

war wrote:

there is plenty of interest in new material.

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:

I've sort of lost track of this debate ..and I'm probably one of the aforementioned fanboys but I'm totally interested in new material when the time comes! And I don't think i'm alone.

I'll grant a large portion of the general public is always going to be reunion minded...but I also think Axl is always just one gem of a song away from "forgiveness" in the media. They think he's crazy or whatever but they love that shit to sell their newspapers. If songs like maddy can convert some of us guys, who as long term fans from the past have more reason than anyone to be hostile to changes, then it's only ever going to take one of those songs that captures the hearts of the world to change everyones mind. Of course Axl may not want to do this nor perhaps is it in his best interests to try. Who knows. I'm  just saying this idea that no one is interested in Axl's songs is a bit crazy. The world isn't waiting on edge like in 1990 maybe...but people will pay attention when GNR releases stuff, that's for sure.

buzzsaw

buzzsaw wrote:
war wrote:

there is plenty of interest in new material.

From who?  There wasn't any interest in the "new material" in 2002 or any time after that.  So a few people at a few dwindling GnR sites want new material?  Big deal.  That isn't going to get a record company to release an album.

It's over.  Accept it.  This is officially a notalgia act.  There's nothing wrong with that, but some of us accepted that a long time ago and others still haven't.  It's okay to be a nostalgia act.  If the long awaited CD didn't register, I don't know what makes anybody think some magical new album is going to.  He had his one shot.  People now know what to expect, and the reception was lukewarm at best.  Now the curious won't even buy it, so who are you going to sell to?  10,000 hardcore internet fans?  Good luck with that.

Board footer