You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Re: Rumors building up regarding CDII release date...

Neemo wrote:
russtcb wrote:

DJ claims to have written Ballad of Death especially for GN'R.

cool did not know that...sweet 5

Gong
 Rep: 60 

Gong wrote:

The studio version is legit.

It begins at 4:23 in this video.

DCK
 Rep: 207 

DCK wrote:

Did I even bother with this discussion?

Well.

DJ is much more fronted towards us fans, even if he does the odd "thanks for support..now buy my stuff" deal. That's annoying.

But.

Robin did little to nothing. His choice.

I'd take DJ's openess towards us rather than Finck's oddness of not really doing much. Bucket is the same, but to have two of those? Bad in all ways.

The kids love DJ because he's so up front, always doing shit.

I miss Robin due to his participation in creating this GNR. I miss Bucket for the same. I am a 2002 nutwsinger and proud of it. That was MY GNR version 2.0, whatever comes...well..

Never cared too much for Robins style of playing. DJ fits my ear better, but by having DJ you loose that certain speciality of which Robin always had. You could always know it was Robin playing, and that made him special. DJ does not that that speciality of which Robin got.

But I'd go with DJ. He have done more for the fans in terms of communication than Robin ever did. That's what GNR needs, and that's what I'm supporting. GNR don't need weird guitarists that never speak or show interest in talking, except for Buckethead that is.

buzzsaw
 Rep: 423 

buzzsaw wrote:

The only problems with DJ is that he's always selling himself (as are many in the industry - he's not alone) and from what I understand he struggles with Robin's parts.  Well, we all know what I think of Robin and his "style" of playing, so no need to go down that path.  All I will say is that Robin's parts are harder for a traditional musician to replicate than BH's in my opinion. 

So the real problem is he's whoring his stuff around.  I guess it just doesn't bother me as much as it does others.  I can just ignore that part of it fairly easily.  Don't go to his website, don't follow him on any of the social media.  Problem solved for the most part.

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

faldor
 Rep: 281 

faldor wrote:

I remember seeing that video shortly after the tour began.  So it would still fall in line that he came up with the song/solo for the GNR tour.

And I realize DJ pimps his own stuff, but who doesn't?  Ron and Tommy both push their solo stuff.  Maybe DJ creates more so he has more to sell.  I don't really see the problem.

DCK
 Rep: 207 

DCK wrote:

Rather push your own stuff than be absent.

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:
Axlin08 wrote:
misterID wrote:
madagas wrote:

what are you talking about? We got DJ Sixx.....if I see one more picture of this guy, my head will explode....right after I throw my computer off the top of my house.

I'll really be surprised if he makes it a year in GNR.

All kidding aside, are you for real?

I mean it is an interesting theory just for bullshitting sake. I know everyone just loves him that went out to the shows, but i've seen tons of videos of the guy, audio boots, all kinds of shit, and i'm not impressed at all. In all honesty, if anyone made me actually miss Robin Finck, it's DJ.

I'm serious. Just from the way the guy works. I'm sure he writes a lot, wants to play with a bunch of different people. He'll be spending a lot of time covering someone elses music. Axl's schedule, work ethic has broken a lot of musicians. I don't see him wanting to stick around once he's down in it.

And hearing what he has done with other bands, music he's written, I'm not sure that his work would be something that inspires Ax. I'm sure there's a ton of frustration in DJ's future regarding GNR.

Smoking Guns
 Rep: 330 

Smoking Guns wrote:
russtcb wrote:
Axlin08 wrote:

...In all honesty, if anyone made me actually miss Robin Finck, it's DJ.

just wanted to quote this to make sure it's real. I'm glad that DJ has at least made one person appreciate Robin more. 9

The recent Slash clips do more damage to the legacy of Finck and DJ because its becoming pretty damn obvious if it wasn't already that is almost impossbile to successfully replace Slash, just as it would be equally impossible to replace Axl.  Both DJ and Finck may be great guitar players, but neither are right for GNR.  To me, the only one that "worked" and got Axl was Bucket, and his ass hit the road too.  I like Fortus a lot and don't really have any issue with him, and Ron is a really cool guy, but Ron doesn't have a great GNR guitar tone and sometimes wanks too much.

lafayettecopssuck
 Rep: 2 

yeah ron is a poor man's buckethead, i miss him bunches. hope he's doing ok

Board footer