You are not logged in. Please register or login.

misterID
 Rep: 475 

Re: Rumors building up regarding CDII release date...

misterID wrote:
Axlin08 wrote:
misterID wrote:

Are we really even worried or concerned about GNR having a hit at this point? I consider the majority of songs on CD to be great, and obviously not radio friendly. The singles and probably the album will perform average to above average on the charts. Probably really good on the Rock charts, not the mainstream. Like CD. I don't see that changing with future releases.

EDIT: I think CD performed better than above average, it was pretty fucking good. But I consider a huge hit is 700 thousand to over a million in "American" sales. I don't see that happening. Not trying to diminish what CD did, though.

Having a hit doesn't concern me. Probably doesn't concern the record label. They'll make a comfortable profit from it. I just want a killer album.

And I want to hear General and Atlas.

Yeah, but you don't want your band to be considered a "dead, mistake". Especially in the U.S., no one knows these guys are alive. Touring success as been modest at best, and CD was a modest hit. They haven't been currently touring the states...

Logic says you drop a really catchy radio-friendly track on them, in order to grab attention.

The record label could care less about tour numbers. What they're concerned about is if they're making money off album sales. They did. Are they concerned about having a huge hit? I don't think so. I think a properly promoted next album (if that's even likely) would do relatively the same as CD. That's good news for all parties involved.

Maybe I'm wrong, but I just don't see GNR as a hit single type of band. It's more about the body of work than the sum of its parts. If he does promote the album it would do much, much, much more to help concert attendance. That doesn't mean having a huge hit (though a nice radio hit would be nice), but getting his face on TV and shit.

slcpunk
 Rep: 149 

slcpunk wrote:

total bs

slcpunk
 Rep: 149 

slcpunk wrote:
Tommie wrote:

Who are these posters at mygnr?  Are they at all reliable?

no

rose22
 Rep: 12 

rose22 wrote:

well if an album comes out late summer/fall and he decides to tour the states around then it would make sence. a radio hit would be most crucial and would add excitement. then again, nothing he does makes sence. i am a believer that at some point he will release most all of the material out there sprinkled with some newer tracks. why not this year ?

It would be nice if there was a new album this year, but I don't think it will happen, if it does I'd be surprised, been through all of this shit before.

BLS-Pride
 Rep: 212 

BLS-Pride wrote:

If we get a new album in 2010 I will eat my own shit.

mickronson
 Rep: 118 

mickronson wrote:

I got a screenshot of that..just in case lol

rose22
 Rep: 12 

rose22 wrote:
BLS-Pride wrote:

now that is some funny shit !:beer:

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:
BLS-Pride wrote:

are you an elephant by any chance? 16

bigbri
 Rep: 341 

bigbri wrote:
Neemo wrote:
BLS-Pride wrote:

are you an elephant by any chance? 16

Just had a James flashback.

Board footer