You are not logged in. Please register or login.

faldor
 Rep: 281 

Re: Rumors building up regarding CDII release date...

faldor wrote:

They're playing 19 songs pretty much every night recently, while in Canada they were playing 20 on most nights.  So they've reduced by ONE song.  I don't think that's too much to get worried about.  I think we're all remembering the Osaka and Tokyo shows and thinking that was more normal than it actually was.  Take out those two shows and they've been pretty consistent with length and number of songs.

Sky Dog wrote:
apex-twin wrote:
Gong wrote:

Anyone else think it would be wild if they dropped it right before Reading & Leeds?

cool

What ya got Apex?

faldor
 Rep: 281 

faldor wrote:
buzzsaw wrote:
Gong wrote:

I'd rather speculate on CD2.

Anyone else think it would be wild if they dropped it right before Reading & Leeds?

I think it would be wild if they released any new music sometime in the next 2 years.  I'm also holding out hope that the good songs were saved for the follow-up (for some reason).

First off, obviously what constitutes a good song is completely subjective.  But I see what you're saying, and lots of people have said that CD was a leaks album and some "big guns" were held back.  I'm not sure I buy that.  Axl played some of these songs at the club that one night.  I forget which ones exactly, but wouldn't he have played what he thought were the best songs?  I mean would he think to himself, "I'm going to hold back the really good songs just in case someone steals these and they leak".

I agree with Gong, we'll probably get more of the same.  However you felt about CD, you'll probably have a similar reaction to the follow up.

Gong
 Rep: 60 

Gong wrote:

What I can say is if you don't like this, then you probably won't like that. Same people, lots more approaches, bit meaner in places and darker in some. Robin does a really great Stevie Ray Vaughan-type solo on one track.

-Axl (Del James interview, 2009)

Sky Dog wrote:

It's funny how Buzz somehow knows Axl isn't happy.......these pics suggest otherwise...if you want to know why Axl has gained weight, I am quite certain all the alcohol isn't helping.

http://www.heretodaygonetohell.com/boar … 58255.1120

Gong
 Rep: 60 

Gong wrote:

Axl's back in NY.

I wonder if he's mixing CDII at Electric Lady

http://www.fadedyouthblog.com/178181/ax … really-you

rose22
 Rep: 12 

rose22 wrote:
madagas wrote:

It's funny how Buzz somehow knows Axl isn't happy.......these pics suggest otherwise...if you want to know why Axl has gained weight, I am quite certain all the alcohol isn't helping.

i'm glad he's out at the bars with the guys drinking. it does seem that he's having fun and i hope i never have to hear how he is fat or looks fat anymore.

Sky Dog wrote:

You can tell he loves to throw down the brews. Looks like Mother Goose ain't afraid either.:beer: "Beer is for breakfast. Drink or be gone." 16

buzzsaw
 Rep: 423 

buzzsaw wrote:
Naltav wrote:

Your view on how much new material a band touring a new album should play is not in touch with reality, buzzsaw. Sorry! It's that simple! smile

Personal experience says you're wrong.  I will continue to base my opinions on facts that I have personally experienced.  Thanks for your concern.

buzzsaw
 Rep: 423 

buzzsaw wrote:
madagas wrote:

Never said he wasn't happy, I'm just looking at his actions.  Started with long shows, now playing less.  Not mixing in CD songs other than the "standards" that he has seemingly selected.  Those don't indicate a guy that is having a blast performing.  He can have a lot of fun with the guys without being happy with the having to perform part.

Board footer