You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Aussie
 Rep: 286 

Re: My GNR Collection - WARNING LOTS OF PICS

Aussie wrote:

Latest addition to my collection.

It's an Australian Award (obviously), a copy was presented to each of the band members plus Doug Goldstein and Alan Niven got one.

The background is actually a cloth flag.
16axu8g.jpg
ixz2gn.jpg

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

Why in the fuck would Doug Goldstein get an award for an album that he had absolutely no part of?!?!

Aussie

Aussie wrote:

Coz he was tour manager?  lol  You make a good point.

I had heard that only the band members and Niven got one.

However, when I showed this pic to someone in the know they were quite surprised.  Although they did mention that Doug used to really covet these things, so they wouldn't have put it past him to organise one for himself too after the fact.

I had heard a story where he got most put out when he was informed that Golden Reel Awards only went to those creatively involved with the album.  16

The seller also had this Aussie award presented to Goldstein (the one with the Roses) really cool. 
25konkj.jpg
10xzngx.jpg
294jtvl.jpg
You see a pic of Axls in the Robert John book.  Axl is lying on the floor with awards all around him. Again only originally presented to the band and Niven.  Somehow Dougie ended up with one too.

Sadly I missed out on buying it, by the time the seller responded that he would ship it overseas someone had bought it.  This is also an Aussie award. If the buyer ever reads this - I'm keen to buy it from you!!  14

I suppose it's no different to Tower Records or Adam Day or Craig Duswalt (Axl's personal assistant) etc getting awards presented to them also for albums they had no direct hand in writing, recording, or mixing etc.  I suppose it's recognition of them working behind the scenes.

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

polluxlm
 Rep: 221 

polluxlm wrote:

Can't read this thread. Too jealous.

Axlin16

Axlin16 wrote:

@Aussie:

Thank goodness Beta & Fernando weren't around in those days. I'm sure they'd of gotten copies of platinum records blazened with their name, because they lined Axl's pool with rose pedals after they cleaned it.

Aussie

Aussie wrote:

Couple of recent items. 

Store mobile for TSI?.  I told the wife that I want to hang this from the ceiling of my 1 year old sons room - she wasn't impressed 14
2zrnxg6.jpg

Promo poster flat for PC
wunxud.jpg

DJ Only vinyl
34eop6g.jpg

Early club flyers
15i2nhh.jpg

2 Copies Still Sealed cool
23k4x9h.jpg

Axlin16

Axlin16 wrote:

2 copies still sealed?!?!?!

WOW!

Olorin
 Rep: 268 

Olorin wrote:

How the hell did you get them?

Oh and Dougy Goldstein with his awards, thats hilarious. No wonder Slash loathes that guy.

Aussie

Aussie wrote:
Olorin wrote:

How the hell did you get them?

Oh and Dougy Goldstein with his awards, thats hilarious. No wonder Slash loathes that guy.

I got one through a collector who managed to score about 6 of them.  The other one I bought on ebay for a Buy It Now price of $9.99 US.  18

I know I couldn't believe it when I saw it either!!

Board footer