You are not logged in. Please register or login.

buzzsaw
 Rep: 423 

Re: Trouble in Bucketheadland?

buzzsaw wrote:

I hope you're not saying that about me.  I've listened to and still listen to BHs music.  I respect his music a lot, I just don't follow the rest of it.

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:

Aww come on....Slash and Buckethead are both fucking awesome so let's not turn this into a bashing thread that's going to become a piss war.

As for nugdafied's comments, I guess I took it seriously because it sounded like he could be working in a real event into the kayfabe style world of bucket.

Like clearly there's a  fantasy world he's constructed around his music. The giant robot, the theme park, him as a type of superhero, the back story of his raising by chickens, and it would seem an arch ememy called Slip Disc.

Now perhaps Slip Disc was an utterly random and musical sounding name and of no relevance, and perhaps bucket is taking a break for some other reason entirely.

I was just adding up some facts. Like bucket's a tall tall man. And a lot of tall guys wind up with back issues at some point.

So if something has broken into his magical musical world of buckethead land and stopped him playing for a bit, then it seemed plausable to me that given this villan was called Slip Disc that it was a fantastical way of explaining that a medical event was fucking with his music for a bit. that he's having parts replaced etc....

Obviously I don't believe there's an actual theme park and what not, i'm just saying perhaps elements of the fantasy and prentend are based on his actual life and it's how he chooses to share and interpret his world, in a way that fits with his music.

Or perhaps Slip Disc was also entirely pretend and has no relevance at all. Was just a theory. But it seems from that message somethign has caused Bucket to go on a break. So i hope he's ok.

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:

maybe he's just redesigning the website...it was kinda dated wasnt it?

Stepvhen
 Rep: 58 

Stepvhen wrote:

Note Even slash takes the Slash vs Buckethead thing serious
Velvet+Revolver+Halloween.jpg

Why would anyone else have more invested in this than slash?

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:

courtney love?

jorge76
 Rep: 59 

jorge76 wrote:

I laugh pretty hard whenever I see that picture because I remember when they first released it, and someone commented "Holy Shit, Weiland looks more like Axl than Axl does."

elevendayempire
 Rep: 96 

jorge76 wrote:

I laugh pretty hard whenever I see that picture because I remember when they first released it, and someone commented "Holy Shit, Weiland looks more like Axl than Axl does."

I love that Scott, Slash, Duff and Kushner have clearly put some effort into it, and Matt's just... stuck a skeleton mask and a hat on.

TheMole
 Rep: 77 

TheMole wrote:

I love how Slash is actually wearing a wig under his KFC bucket...

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

Remember in 2002 when the rumors ran rampant, by the dumbest of people, that Buckethead was in fact Slash in a mask?

And you're thinking, Slash doesn't even have the chops to fake being Bucket instrumentally for 30 seconds.

And I still think that VR photo is hilarious even today. When they released it, it said what everyone thought. Weiland should've put on Rick James braided wig, and threw the bandana over it.

The 2001-02 GN'R was tight instrumentally, but we all know they looked like freakin' clowns, and that's the reason no one took them seriously.

Board footer