You are not logged in. Please register or login.

dave-gnfnr
 Rep: 16 

Re: for the the posters that doesnt like others complaining about Ron

dave-gnfnr wrote:

I really do think that Ron fans are the biggest jackasses and cry babies ever when it comes to guns n roses.

And yes Olorin is a newbie, he was not here back in 1999 or even 2002 when Axl started playing gigs and releasing music with a new version of gnr.

The reason the pussy Ron fans cry so much is because they know he is a hack and cannot refute when people point out him butchering solos, so instead of trying to refute it they just cry about the person talking about Ron.

Its very quite amusing if I do say so myself.

Stepvhen
 Rep: 58 

Stepvhen wrote:
dave-gnfnr wrote:

I really do think that Ron fans are the biggest jackasses and cry babies ever when it comes to guns n roses.

And yes Olorin is a newbie, he was not here back in 1999 or even 2002 when Axl started playing gigs and releasing music with a new version of gnr.

The reason the pussy Ron fans cry so much is because they know he is a hack and cannot refute when people point out him butchering solos, so instead of trying to refute it they just cry about the person talking about Ron.

Its very quite amusing if I do say so myself.

id·i·ot  (d-t)
n.
1. A foolish or stupid person.
2. A person of profound mental retardation having a mental age below three years and generally being unable to learn connected speech or guard against common dangers.

dave-gnfnr

dave-gnfnr wrote:

You just proved my point, you know I am right about what I said about  Ron fans just crying instead of trying to debate on this skills but you cannot even do that.

When people would complain about BH and Robin back in the day at least their fans could back up their playing, Ron fans cannot do that and just cry about how he is a nice guy and you are a troll or gnr hater if you dont like his playing.

metallex78
 Rep: 194 

metallex78 wrote:

So because Olorin wasn't here 8 years ago, he's a newbie according to you?
How many years do you have to frequent a message board to get past the "newbie" status? 16

And what exactly do you want people to do here then, agree and say "yes, Ron is a hack, he butchers solos, he sucks" Would that make you happy?

I'll admit Ron didn't play Bucket's solos note for note when he first joined, but given his circumstances (mentioned several times throughout this thread), I can hardly blame the guy. And even if he didn't play Buckets parts correctly, I'd hardly call it "butchering" either.

The guy is insanely talented on the guitar, even if he isn't at Buckets standards, and for that I give him props. 9

DCK
 Rep: 207 

DCK wrote:

So, basically. This Dave is the guy that was around in 99-00-01, for example at 2000 Intentions? I was there too. I remember him getting this custom made GNR shirt, but for some reason the guy who made it spelled one of the names wrong.

If this is you Dave, you've gone thru quite a change. From the biggest nutswinger ever, to someone who simply whines a lot. At least I can say I went from being a rational nutswinger in 2000 to being a rational critic in 2010. Leave the black-white ideology to others, that's what I think anyway.

dave-gnfnr

dave-gnfnr wrote:
metallex78 wrote:

So because Olorin wasn't here 8 years ago, he's a newbie according to you?
How many years do you have to frequent a message board to get past the "newbie" status? 16

And what exactly do you want people to do here then, agree and say "yes, Ron is a hack, he butchers solos, he sucks" Would that make you happy?

I'll admit Ron didn't play Bucket's solos note for note when he first joined, but given his circumstances (mentioned several times throughout this thread), I can hardly blame the guy. And even if he didn't play Buckets parts correctly, I'd hardly call it "butchering" either.

The guy is insanely talented on the guitar, even if he isn't at Buckets standards, and for that I give him props. 9

Yes that is what a newbie is isn't it?  Anyone who was not around during the BH era of this band and just knows Ron and/or DJ is a newbie esp the ones that want to claim I am a hater for the new band.

I never said people need to agree and say Yes ron is a hack, I said they need to make their case why they dont think he is, instead of crying that someone does not like Rons playing then calling that person a hater or troll.

That is what happened when people would not like BHs or Robins playing, we would debate about their playing not debate about the people who dont like their playing are haters or not.

See the difference?

The problem with a lot  of the newbies is they cannot debate about anything, they just want to post in threads everyone agrees and anyone who does not agree should not be posting or call them trolls or haters.

Go take a look at Jarmos board, that is exactly how that board is ran.
Anyone who is not 100% pro new gnr, they get banned or their posts deleted.

Its BORING when everyone has the same opinion on anything.

metallex78

metallex78 wrote:

Well, I just argued your point by saying that Ron had odds against him to learn Buckets parts at the start, and his interpretations of Buckets solos aren't what I'd call butchering either. Ron is insanely talented guitarist, and I stand by that.

Now if we were to talk about Robin's interpretations of Slash's solos, that I'd classify "butchering", but we ain't discussing Robin here are we, and quite frankly, I find discussing stuff like that boring.

How about we discuss DJ butchering Robin's and Slash's solos perhaps? That seems like an untouched area of discussion... 14

metallex78

metallex78 wrote:
dave-gnfnr wrote:

Its BORING when everyone has the same opinion on anything.

It's also boring bringing up a topic when no-one really seems to agree with your point of view either.

Do you just want to argue with everyone?

dave-gnfnr

dave-gnfnr wrote:

Ron is a good guitarist, but he was the wrong person to replace buckethead. He can shred just as good as BH and even faster but he cannot play BHs (or even Slashs) melodic solos very well.  Ron is great and shredding and playing riffs, I will give him that.

The thing with Robin is, his style is sloppy and I can see why people hated his playing on AFD/UYI stuff, but Robin is not as technical as Ron and Ron is a so called guitar hero so Ron will get more slack for not being able to play the parts as well.

As for DJ, I think he plays slashs parts better than Robin, and he can play BHs pretty damn good. HE does falter at playing Robins solos though.  He cant bend the notes like Robin could.  DJ does not play better, TIL or the blues that great.

I dont mind  his slash stuff since he plays it better than Robin but not nearly as good as Slash.

DCK
 Rep: 207 

DCK wrote:

It's like the second version of GNR critics. Before it used to be only people lusting for Slash and Duff. Now, there's people lusting for BH and Finck and 2002. I'm one of them, but not about to whine about it any time soon.

Board footer