You are not logged in. Please register or login.

faldor
 Rep: 281 

Re: for the the posters that doesnt like others complaining about Ron

faldor wrote:

Dave stop putting yourself up on this pedestal that you're better than everyone else.  It's quite annoying.  Calling people "newbies" because you've been posting on message boards longer than them is extremely lame.  I don't know what's happened to you over the years but you've obviously grown to "dislike" many things in and around GNR.  That's fine.  I question why people who have similar viewpoints still follow the situation so closely, but whatever.

Personally I don't hear Ron butchering solos like you do.  Maybe I'm deaf, but it all sounds pretty good to me.  The only iffy solo to me has been DJ's take on Robin's TIL solo on occasion.  Some have been good, the first one was not so good, others have been a little shaky.  Other than that I just don't see where you're coming from with these guys playing so horrifically.  I'll agree that it remains to be seen what they can actually write and create IN GNR but as far as them playing the material, I think they're doing a fine job.

dave-gnfnr
 Rep: 16 

dave-gnfnr wrote:
metallex78 wrote:
dave-gnfnr wrote:

Its BORING when everyone has the same opinion on anything.

It's also boring bringing up a topic when no-one really seems to agree with your point of view either.

Do you just want to argue with everyone?

Who cares if no one else agrees with me, what I should change my opinion just because most everyone else does not agree with me?

I love to  debate, esp when others dont agree, what you dont?

There have been topics in the past that no one has agreed with me then by the end some (a few not a lot) of the people disagreeing actually started to agree.

I just give my view and if people dont like it, that is not my problem.
Ill debate anyone on anything they disagree with .

DCK
 Rep: 207 

DCK wrote:

If this is the Dave who I think it is, I used to agree with him a lot back in the day, but sometimes his nutswinging tendencies grew a little over the top, even for me back then.

Funny how he went from one extreme side to the other.

dave-gnfnr

dave-gnfnr wrote:
faldor wrote:

Dave stop putting yourself up on this pedestal that you're better than everyone else.  It's quite annoying.  Calling people "newbies" because you've been posting on message boards longer than them is extremely lame.  I don't know what's happened to you over the years but you've obviously grown to "dislike" many things in and around GNR.  That's fine.  I question why people who have similar viewpoints still follow the situation so closely, but whatever.

Personally I don't hear Ron butchering solos like you do.  Maybe I'm deaf, but it all sounds pretty good to me.  The only iffy solo to me has been DJ's take on Robin's TIL solo on occasion.  Some have been good, the first one was not so good, others have been a little shaky.  Other than that I just don't see where you're coming from with these guys playing so horrifically.  I'll agree that it remains to be seen what they can actually write and create IN GNR but as far as them playing the material, I think they're doing a fine job.

Again, you really need to learn to read.
The whole NEWBIE thing is toward people that claim I am a hater/troll of new gnr and hate Axl Rose. 

Is that really so hard to understand??? If those people did not call me a hater or troll then that term would never come up.  Those posters cannot even give their opinions why they disagree they just want to call me a troll or hater, so what else can I say but say they are newbies and cant say I am a hater since they were not here back in the day when I was mostly always backing Axl when he deserved it.

I dont see you calling out those posters saying, not tot call other posters a troll or hater just because they dont have the same opinion as you.

Those posters bring it all on theirselves.

metallex78
 Rep: 194 

metallex78 wrote:

That's it, keep changing your story, I thought you just said newbie meant someone who wasn't around 8 years ago to argue with you then? 14

faldor
 Rep: 281 

faldor wrote:
dave-gnfnr wrote:
faldor wrote:

Again, you really need to learn to read.
The whole NEWBIE thing is toward people that claim I am a hater/troll of new gnr and hate Axl Rose. 

Is that really so hard to understand??? If those people did not call me a hater or troll then that term would never come up.  Those posters cannot even give their opinions why they disagree they just want to call me a troll or hater, so what else can I say but say they are newbies and cant say I am a hater since they were not here back in the day when I was mostly always backing Axl when he deserved it.

I dont see you calling out those posters saying, not tot call other posters a troll or hater just because they dont have the same opinion as you.

Those posters bring it all on theirselves.

So since someone calls you a name like "hater" or "troll" you feel the best way to respond is to counter that by calling them a newbie and crowing about how "back in your day" in 1999 how things were run?

All these terms are ridiculous anyway.  Newbie, troll, Axliite, Slashite.  I mean really, do we need to put a label on everything?

People complained about Bucket and Robin back in the day.  People complain about Ron and DJ today.  Nobody's perfect.

Olorin
 Rep: 268 

Olorin wrote:

I've been using the boards since 2001 and still got my unused ticket for the aborted 2001 Euro tour and been a GNR fan since 88.
But thats neither here nor there, even a 8 year old "noob" discovering GNR this morning at breakfast could read through this god awful thread and see you for the complete and utter bellend that you are.

dave-gnfnr

dave-gnfnr wrote:
metallex78 wrote:

That's it, keep changing your story, I thought you just said newbie meant someone who wasn't around 8 years ago to argue with you then? 14

I don't have to change anything, the problem is posters instead of actually debating the topic, calling someone a hater or a troll when they dont even know what they are talking about.

The fact is, they cannot debate the topic because they know they cant refute what I am saying, so the best they can do is call someone a troll or hater.  That is what this thread is for, for those posters that just want it whine about me or who ever else when ever we make a comment about Ron they disagree with, and cannot give their opinion why they disagree and instead just want to call that person a troll or hater.

The is the problem with a lot of Ron fans, all they can do is whine about people not liking him and cant even write a post why they disagree with someone that does not like his playing.  yes some Ron fans can do that, and this thread is not meant for them, this thread is meant for the cry babies who cannot actually write a post why they disagree with someone  elses opinion on ron.

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:

i think all the current guys are amazing on the material

to say htat ron cant play this or that is just sillyness the guy IS a "prodigy" he a guitar virtuoso in the truest sense of the term, the talent difference from BH to Ron to yngwie malmsteen to whoever the fuck is neglible

I dont here anybody currently in this band "butcher" anything...to say that is the case is just plain slitting hairs and well wishing for soemthing that isnt gonna come back...whether its 15 years ago or 8 years ago..the past is past

as for CITR leak vs album version...album version owns IMO...i didnt even care for the song before the album came out...besides the leak was such shit quality i dont even know how anyone can hear enough to even critique that version TBH...in a day and age where people cant live without the absoute highest bitrate on songs its really amusing to hear that shit version is favored over a finished product..also id rather havea member of gnr play the song than a guest any day...besides brian may isnt that great anyway...there...something new for you guys to bitch about 16

Olorin
 Rep: 268 

Olorin wrote:

Just Nuke It

nike-swoosh-logo.jpg

Board footer