You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Re: Slash Uk & Ireland Tour

johndivney wrote:
monkeychow wrote:
johndivney wrote:

blah blah blah

Thanks for elaborating.

i remember now exactly what it was that upset me so much about slash's performance (as opposed 2 the fucknuts).
it was when he broke into the Godfather theme then Sweet Child n it was like, come on man even if u were doing this in Guns these days that'd still be hollow, change it up (though axlites shouldn't throw stones in this regard of course). it just seemed so phony. i didn't get off on that part at all.  & then straight after sweet child dropped he started talkin about how well the album's selling & 2 keep buying it, perfect timing.

BUT i will say this, he is quite possibly the best guitarist i've ever seen live - and easily the most entertaining showman on the axe i've seen. 4 Better r 4 worse..

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:
johndivney wrote:
monkeychow wrote:
johndivney wrote:

blah blah blah

Thanks for elaborating.

i remember now exactly what it was that upset me so much about slash's performance (as opposed 2 the fucknuts).
it was when he broke into the Godfather theme then Sweet Child n it was like, come on man even if u were doing this in Guns these days that'd still be hollow, change it up

I know what you mean on that part actually, like i was happy to hear him do the godfather as it's sort of an iconic song for him now, and it's nice to see him playing the classics - like some GNR stuff and the godfather as his famous display piece type thing - rather than the contraband tour which was lacking in slash solos and showing off moments. So i was happy to see it on the list as he sounds great on it -  but I do agree that launching into sweet child right after was kind of making it seem a little bit too much like the past...maybe it was because it made me nostaligic for axl in that moment as it made me think of the tokyo dvds.

Smoking Guns
 Rep: 330 

Smoking Guns wrote:

Johnny, I see you side, but your final sentence is what it is about for me.  I love it..

Board footer