You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Re: God damn, how great is Estranged!!!

Axlin16 wrote:
tejastech08 wrote:
Stepvhen wrote:

your judging it by rock standards, enjoy it for what it is , a little experiment in technology thats all

Genre doesn't matter. "My World" is crap.

I gotta admit, i'm a bit miffed at how songs like Shadow of Your Love, Just Another Sunday, Crash Diet, Ain't Goin' Down and their covers of Dust In The Wind & Jumpin' Jack Flash get buried, yet somehow Get In The Ring, Shotgun Blues & My World made it through. 10

tejastech08
 Rep: 193 

Re: God damn, how great is Estranged!!!

tejastech08 wrote:
Axlin08 wrote:
tejastech08 wrote:
Stepvhen wrote:

your judging it by rock standards, enjoy it for what it is , a little experiment in technology thats all

Genre doesn't matter. "My World" is crap.

I gotta admit, i'm a bit miffed at how songs like Shadow of Your Love, Just Another Sunday, Crash Diet, Ain't Goin' Down and their covers of Dust In The Wind & Jumpin' Jack Flash get buried, yet somehow Get In The Ring, Shotgun Blues & My World made it through. 10

Because Axl is crazy. The fact that garbage like Riad, Scraped, and Shackler made it onto CD is pretty sad. THAT is the best collection of songs he could come up with after 15 years? 16

mav
 Rep: 0 

Re: God damn, how great is Estranged!!!

mav wrote:
Neemo wrote:

right heeerree....right now

16

I know....awful isnt it? !!

Actually, for a good few years I couldnt stand listening to it, totally embarrased that I used to like it.  Both Liquidizer and Doubt.

Although a while ago I threw it on and could stomach it once more. Maybe its because I'm getting old so dont care anymore! tongue

mav
 Rep: 0 

Re: God damn, how great is Estranged!!!

mav wrote:
tejastech08 wrote:

Because Axl is crazy. The fact that garbage like Riad, Scraped, and Shackler made it onto CD is pretty sad. THAT is the best collection of songs he could come up with after 15 years? 16

Agree with all that, apart from Shackler. Never liked Riad - always grated me. Scraped is pretty weak too imo.

But Shackler, I love the vocal tone, the grubby riff.  I'm even partial to the disco chorus for some reason.  Really dont know why, but I like it.  It's like eating really strong dog shit smelling cheese, it's totally out of order, but for some reason I love it. Thats how I feel about Shackler.

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Re: God damn, how great is Estranged!!!

Axlin16 wrote:

I think Shackler's is vastly underrated and the best rocker on an album chock full of ballads, but I get your point.

Everyone knows CD was a leaks album, with a few extras thrown in, some B-sides and This I Love.

Something tells me unless the vault really really songs, Axl had some better tunes than that, and could've released a masterpiece and gained his credibility back. BUT, he might've been holding back because if he does have any plan of future releases, he's gonna need certain tracks to anchor future albums, and not blow his load all over CD.

tejastech08
 Rep: 193 

Re: God damn, how great is Estranged!!!

tejastech08 wrote:
Axlin08 wrote:

I think Shackler's is vastly underrated and the best rocker on an album chock full of ballads, but I get your point.

Better, CD, and IRS are far better.

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Re: God damn, how great is Estranged!!!

Axlin16 wrote:

Better - okay, maybe i'm being personal with SR / CD - debateable / I.R.S. - no fuckin' way. Really average tune there. Better than Scraped & Riad, but still very average.

tejastech08
 Rep: 193 

Re: God damn, how great is Estranged!!!

tejastech08 wrote:
Axlin08 wrote:

Better - okay, maybe i'm being personal with SR / CD - debateable / I.R.S. - no fuckin' way. Really average tune there. Better than Scraped & Riad, but still very average.

Oh it's average for sure. The only strong part of I.R.S. is the long scream. But Shackler isn't even average, it's crap. tongue

Stepvhen
 Rep: 58 

Re: God damn, how great is Estranged!!!

Stepvhen wrote:
tejastech08 wrote:
Stepvhen wrote:

your judging it by rock standards, enjoy it for what it is , a little experiment in technology thats all

Genre doesn't matter. "My World" is crap.

Of course it matters!!!


Estranged is the worst Hip Hop song of ALL TIME....

Just as my world is a bad rock song...

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Re: God damn, how great is Estranged!!!

Axlin16 wrote:
tejastech08 wrote:
Axlin08 wrote:

Better - okay, maybe i'm being personal with SR / CD - debateable / I.R.S. - no fuckin' way. Really average tune there. Better than Scraped & Riad, but still very average.

Oh it's average for sure. The only strong part of I.R.S. is the long scream. But Shackler isn't even average, it's crap. tongue

It just got me as soon as it hit RB2. It has such an energy that I love. It brought that "destructive" side out of me like Jungle does. It moves me in that way, so I always loved the tune from day one.

Oh My God is vastly underrated too. 9

Board footer

Powered by FluxBB