You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Olorin
 Rep: 268 

Re: God damn, how great is Estranged!!!

Olorin wrote:

IRS is pretty fuckin sweet in my book, as is scraped. OMG is one of the most venomous stompers ever attached to the GNR name, its a great song and a bold move by Axl to release it at that time. It really caught my attention that he was trying something different, but its a shame it was a red herring and would lead nowhere.

tejastech08
 Rep: 194 

tejastech08 wrote:
Axlin08 wrote:
tejastech08 wrote:
Axlin08 wrote:

Better - okay, maybe i'm being personal with SR / CD - debateable / I.R.S. - no fuckin' way. Really average tune there. Better than Scraped & Riad, but still very average.

Oh it's average for sure. The only strong part of I.R.S. is the long scream. But Shackler isn't even average, it's crap. tongue

It just got me as soon as it hit RB2. It has such an energy that I love. It brought that "destructive" side out of me like Jungle does. It moves me in that way, so I always loved the tune from day one.

Oh My God is vastly underrated too. 9

Shackler vs. Jungle? 14:laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:
Olorin wrote:

IRS is pretty fuckin sweet in my book, as is scraped.

finally someone with sense around here 9

buzzsaw
 Rep: 423 

buzzsaw wrote:

I can't believe any of these songs are even being mentioned in a thread about estranged.

Communist China
 Rep: 130 

Still not a fan of Estranged.

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

Neemo

Neemo wrote:
buzzsaw wrote:

I can't believe any of these songs are even being mentioned in a thread about estranged.

hey i didnt start it...i was just sayin that i dig scraped and irs....and the 2 usually get flack as being among the weaker ones on CD

but to compare CD to older material...ive recently revisited CD a few times in the past few days and i would consider that TIL is an attempt at continuing with the NR storeyline while Madagascar would be a followup to estranged

and to get a bit more nostalgic...i remember back before extranged was a single i used to consider it to be this amazing hidden gem of a tune cuz while everyone was talking about YCBM and DC there was this amazing tuneright before them on the album

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:
russtcb wrote:

I love's me some Estranged. It's a shame a track so strong isn't on my favorite Guns N' Roses album.

Kind of the story of the Illusion albums. Overall the songs piece-by-piece are the finest material ever done by GN'R, and combined probably would be a masterpiece that would far surpass both AFD and CD, for it's respective cult fans.

Look at November Rain. A single and video that never saw the band "bigger" in it's history.

-D-
 Rep: 231 

-D- wrote:

Estranged is my favorite song of all time. SO fucking Epic

people can say whatever about TWAT and CD songs but NOTHING and i do mean NOTHING comes close to Estranged.

True EPIC

Neemo

Neemo wrote:

so we're straight....i didnt say maddy and til compared to estrangfed and NR i just think they are following along the same ideas

Board footer