You are not logged in. Please register or login.

tejastech08
 Rep: 194 

Re: God damn, how great is Estranged!!!

tejastech08 wrote:
madagas wrote:

I was at that Indiana show...GREAT CONCERT.

Lucky bastage. tongue

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

Yeah I remember Madagas mentioning that, and it's still pretty fuckin' cool he got to go to one of the great shows in their history imo.

I really always looked at that Indiana '91 show, probably because a pro-shot boot exists with a HQ audio boot, that it was the definitive UYI show to watch from that era, because so much UYI material was played, and Izzy is still there.

A great show, thx jamester for posting some vid's.

As for Estranged's original video, was never a fan. I LOVE Estranged-the song, it's my favorite song of all time from any artist. But the video blew. I don't like high-concept videos, never have. At least November Rain was coherent.

I like my music videos to be much more stripped down. I'm more of a "club video" guy, 'cause I like alot of attitude in videos. You Could Be Mine is my favorite GN'R vid, with Jungle running a close second.

Sky Dog wrote:

that video is brutal outside of the live clips.

tejastech08

tejastech08 wrote:
Axlin08 wrote:

I really always looked at that Indiana '91 show, probably because a pro-shot boot exists with a HQ audio boot, that it was the definitive UYI show to watch from that era, because so much UYI material was played, and Izzy is still there.

Plus no horn section, female singers, etc. 9

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:

Yeah i agree about the video. I like NR for concept but I think estranged is so deep a song that adding another layer of concept over it is too much.

YCBM is such an awesome video. I wish it was on the GNR videos DVD. It's by far their coolest video IMO.

tejastech08

tejastech08 wrote:
monkeychow wrote:

Yeah i agree about the video. I like NR for concept but I think estranged is so deep a song that adding another layer of concept over it is too much.

YCBM is such an awesome video. I wish it was on the GNR videos DVD. It's by far their coolest video IMO.

Speaking of which, I just found this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MGNytJW19yM

Pretty cool. It's the YCBM video before they added the Terminator stuff to it.

jamester
 Rep: 84 

jamester wrote:

[youtube]YfXju58nne8&list=PLCBCF6F27CC1BA720&index=10&playnext=2[/youtube]

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:

careful...is that the vid where he profusely thanks slash for his guitar work on Estranged and NR?

jamester
 Rep: 84 

jamester wrote:

1988 first mention of Paul Tobias? "paul played gutsy blues and it took me 5 years to find someone else like that in a world of EVH wanna-bees"
[youtube]dmDx-OhwYlc&feature=related[/youtube]

esoterica
 Rep: 69 

esoterica wrote:

"Now you don't talk so loud
Now you don't seem so proud"
-Bob Dylan, "Like A Rolling Stone"

And you don't talk so loud
An you don't walk so proud
Any more, and what for
-Axl Rose, "Estranged"