You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Intercourse
 Rep: 212 

Re: Axl fires back at Irv with lawsuit

Intercourse wrote:

maybe Slash does know more than you think. Maybe him and Irv are still mates and talk? Maybe big evil Slash was the puppet master devising a diabolical plot with Irv to force Axl back into his clutches..
Come on people, some of you are waaaaaay too sensitive to Axl's needs and over the top about Slash's motives.

Think about it, Irv resigns on the 'eve of the tour'. That means for the previous year he was probably working on getting those dates organised. It is possible he is seeking monies to pay for that years work he completed. That is what Slash appears to be saying to me. Nothing more. He finishes his statement distancing himself from the whole thing.

Bizarrely, some of you feel that even something this harmless gives Axl a free pass to call Slash a cancer even as his mother lay dying from the disease. Fuck me. 2

Intercourse
 Rep: 212 

Intercourse wrote:

And to finish I agree with Mick above. The man was molested 40 fucking years ago, time to get a grip and move the fuck on.
Axl's problems are his excuse to act the diva. I was molested and it took me a few years to get the grips with the issue. I didn't have the luxury of millions of dollars and yes men around me to allow myself to behave as Axl does. Stop writing the guy sympathy checks and call it for what it is.

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

The ONLY person that unearthed the physical abuse scars was Irving Azoff by maliciously suing "William Bill Bailey" who does not exist.

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:

Yeah...even if was an acident previously, Azoff is clearly being malicious about it now making the comment about the book he'd write and so on.

Bottom line to me is this, as with most law cases, they might both have a point to some extent.

If Azoff worked hard on a tour, then relations busted up right before the money rolled in, of course he wants to see some of that. Likewise, I think most would agree the marketing of chinese was substandard and the release generally botched from the business end, and if he made representations to Axl that better stuff was going to happen, then it makes sence that Axl feels he's not done his job well.

What does history tell us? Axl's old band left when they found him hard to work with. And Azoff's famous for pushing reunions. When things go wrong, is it really that surprising that Azoff accuses Axl of being difficult, and Axl accuses Azoff of having a secret reunion agenda? It's pretty much what everyone assumes about both guys upfront.

Truth is probably somewhere in the middle, Axl might not be easy to work with, but it really doesn't seem like Azoff delivered on all the things that could have happened regarding Chinese Democracy either.

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:
-D- wrote:
misterID wrote:

The album is still being streamed on Myspace, which would tell me Axl does know and is letting it happen.

And tbh, during the first year of the album's release, the album's streaming had nearly the exact amount of hits as the album sold. I don't think they lost anything with it. It was probably the most effective promotion the album had hmm

i dont think u can count hits and sales the same, cause i for instance listened to each song about 10 times.

so it isn't like one person per song listened. so those numbers are skewered

i bet it cost them some sales no doubt. big thing the album had going for it was the curiosity factor. so a lot of people im sure heard it on Myspace and passed whereas if they were out and saw it, they may have impulsed bought it.

I have never seen any evidence of that. If someone listened to the stream and didn't buy the album they probably weren't going to buy it anyway.

If they repeatedly listened to it I'd probably say they liked what they heard, got the album or the tracks they liked on i-Tunes. So that's good, imo. 

Again, they had about the same amount of hits as they did sales, so I don't see anything weird there. And going by what you're saying they had more sales than hits. Still see nothing wrong there. The stream was the best promotion the album got.

-D-
 Rep: 231 

-D- wrote:

yeah but u are assuming every person who listened on myspace bought the album and vice versa

Say they have 2 millon hits and sold 2 million albums

now lets say half of the people who bought it, never listened  on myspace

that then is a million that didnt buy it but may have out of curiosity to hear it.

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:

i never listened to the album on any streaming media...but i did buy it

just an example

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:
-D- wrote:

yeah but u are assuming every person who listened on myspace bought the album and vice versa

Say they have 2 millon hits and sold 2 million albums

now lets say half of the people who bought it, never listened  on myspace

that then is a million that didnt buy it but may have out of curiosity to hear it.

I didn't say anything like that. I said there wasn't a big difference between how many albums were sold and how many hits the album had on myspace, so I don't see how the album lost anything. They both basically attracted the same amount of people. And you were probably right, a lot of people probably listened to it multiple times.

You're insinuating there was a huge number of people that were going to buy the album but were turned off by what they heard on the stream and I just don't see any evidence of that.

If someone streamed the album just for the sake of curiosity, more than likely they weren't going to buy the album in the first place.

I don't see them losing anything from the stream. At all.

-D-
 Rep: 231 

-D- wrote:

my point is,say they have2million streams.. i have no idea what the real number is.

say each person listened only  once all the way through

14 divided by 2 million would be roughly 125k

thats just if its one listen each

so in reality probably 30k probably listened on myspace

so yeah u are probably right that myspace didn't hurt it that much.

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

Curiosity buys are WAY outweighed to their actual numbers.

Mister is right - people who listened on the stream, or illegally downloaded, would've NEVER bought it anyways.

If ANYTHING cost them money, it was the BB exclusive, because i'm sure there were people who illegally downloaded it, because a BB is 3 hours away, unlike a WM, which just about every city in the U.S. has at this point.

Board footer