You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Re: Axl fires back at Irv with lawsuit

Axlin16 wrote:

Axl knew that Azoff wanted a reunion. He's not that dumb. Not for a second do I think he's that dumb.

Azoff apparently "JR'ed" him, and Axl didn't like the deal on the table, and this is the result.

No fuckin' way this guy reunites The Eagles, reunites Van Halen, and then gets ahold of Guns N' Roses, which short of Pink Floyd, is (or was) the biggest ticket out there in terms of "reunion demand".

In Axl's defense, his attack on Irving's monopoly is damn true. Even Bruce Springsteen has called out Azoff on that before...

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

faldor
 Rep: 281 

faldor wrote:
Neemo wrote:

dang....wonder if this impacts any kind of live nation/ticketmaster promoted tours

Very well could be.  Is Ticketmaster just a US company?  And if it's international is Azoff just in charge of Ticketmaster/Live Nation in the US?  Because that could explain why Guns hasn't toured the US yet, don't you think?

PGER83
 Rep: 5 

PGER83 wrote:

Azoff is being a bit of a dick in the last part of this.

http://www.gossipcop.com/axl-rose-irvin … uns-roses/

When Gossip Cop reached out to Azoff for comment, he snarkily responded through a spokesperson, 'On advice of counsel I cannot respond at this time, but will discuss in my upcoming book, My Life with William Bill Bailey.'

Axlin16

Axlin16 wrote:
faldor wrote:
Neemo wrote:

dang....wonder if this impacts any kind of live nation/ticketmaster promoted tours

Very well could be.  Is Ticketmaster just a US company?  And if it's international is Azoff just in charge of Ticketmaster/Live Nation in the US?  Because that could explain why Guns hasn't toured the US yet, don't you think?

Sort of. Most likely what it is, Axl hasn't toured the U.S. due to lack of interest, but in Axl's mind, he might blame Azoff for that due to the poor promoting of CD, because Azoff wanted to strong arm a reunion.

And that Bill Bailey thing is really really lame. Intentionally using the man's troubled childhood, as a way to antagonize, especially over the most worthless thing in the world - money - makes Irving look like the money hungry nazi everyone knows he is.

Sky Dog wrote:

JR, this has nothing to do with a fuckin US tour...this is a BIG countersuit with implications bigger than Gnr. He is going after him. First, "oral" contract in the music business? Bullshit. Bullshit. Weak attempt to snag an easy small settlement from Axl. Second, the bigger shit is Axl's allegations of antitrust issues. Third, Azoff started the suit by suing Axl. Axl is just responding as he has the right to.

LiveNation was supposedly doing the European tour.....hmmmmm... maybe why things got cut short for this leg. There is alot of meat here.

Axlin16

Axlin16 wrote:

Interesting... if this truely fleshes out this could be huge.

Axl the artist vs. Azoff the business man

People thoughout the business could draw sides.

Aussie
 Rep: 286 

Aussie wrote:

What Azoff wanted, the rocker says, was the reunion of Guns N' Roses.

So Axl admits this isn't Guns N' Roses 16  19

I am not going to buy the fact that it's all Azoff's fault that the album wasn't promoted and effectively a debacle when it was released.  Did Axl bank the cheque that he got from Best Buy?  Did Axl let funds from Best Buy go to Universal to clear his accumulated debts there?  If so then he is just as much complicit in this whole fucked up deal.

Just because he wasn't business savvy enough or didn't have the right people around him advising him on whether the deal he signed with Azoff was adequate and did everything he wanted (included touring and promo) - too bad.  If you get in the water with a shark expect to lose a few fingers.

If stuff about promo and tours was in the contract then great, I am sure Axl will win that one in court.  But if it wasn't - tough luck.

As for the bigger picture of Azoff owning the "trifecta" of Artist Management, Concert Touring & Promo and Ticket Sales.  I agree with Axl's position and if he can get this whole merger thing reviewed great.  But I remind him that Azoff was only going to get the Quinella for these things it was Axl who handed him the Trifecta by appointing him as manager.  If he thought that there was going to be a conflict of interest why get into bed with him?

-D-
 Rep: 231 

-D- wrote:

U know what, I always thought that we here were GNR fans and Axl Rose fans that kept stuff real and what not but this is one issue, i figured all Axl fans would get behind and support him on

I mean seriously, what would Axl have to do to have some of u on here get his back? I think its ridiculous.

Do u know why the shit in the top 10 on Billboard is in the Top 10 on billboard? It isn't cause its the "Best" its because it has the artists with the most push behind them.

Slash even said it himself with the solo album ,that he didn't expect it to sell what VR did cause it didn't have Clive Davis behind it pushing it.

The shit u hear on the radio and the shit dominating the charts does so in a large part cause of the managment team/firm and the record label.

If Axl doesn't have their support, it isn't easy to sell records and tour and promote.

Axl can go on every TV show in the world, but if his management team and record label aren't behind it pushing it, it isn't gonna do anything on radio or the charts.

can anyone here honestly say they've ever seen a band on Jay Leno and went and bought the CD the next day?

Sayin there is no demand for a US tour??

Sure maybe in Mid west bumbed fuck USA but Axl still does very well in Major US Markets.

slcpunk
 Rep: 149 

slcpunk wrote:

Once again Axl is the victim and everybody else is a dick...sorry I don't buy it.

Board footer