You are not logged in. Please register or login.

DCK
 Rep: 207 

Re: Axl fires back at Irv with lawsuit

DCK wrote:

Azoff fired Finck? That's far fetched. However, it went down really strange. But fired him? Doubt it.

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:
emcitymisfit wrote:

On the one hand, the "leaked and weaker" tracks makes sense. Out of ~70 tracks, the handful that leak are on the record with B-side crap (opinion) like Scraped and This I Love. None are certifiable hits. Catcher, as revealed on this forum a few months ago, was only included after a bit of arm twisting done to Axl.

On the other hand, it seems that the tracks that DID make the album were intended to all along. Axl had mentioned them, played them live, and even offered Shackler's Revenge as the first "official" track in Rock Band 2, a move no one would have signed off on if it were considered a "weaker" track. If The World was on the setlist in 2006, as well.

I don't count anything out when it comes to this band (although Azoff firing Finck behind Axl's back is just implausible, and Axl would never be open to Slash rejoining, that's clear.), and it helps the OP's cause when he admits that what he's posting is "a rumor I heard," and not privileged info.

First off, This I Love is NOT a B-side. Scraped & Riad are B-sides. Sure, I know, some fans think Riad is a great Bucket/Brain track... that's fine... it's filler.

This I Love was one of the intended "big Guns". Whether it hit or not with you or anyone else, that's your opinion, but the song was intended to be big. It might be a B-side on the LP, but it's simply because of track placement, not because of concept.

As for that story, like others have said, it reaks of BBA. So much in it is crap. WM listening to the album and turning it down... I don't buy that. How can WM sit down and listen to a record and go "there's no hit". Bullshit. WM held up because of the fact it was gonna have a PA sticker on it, because Axl says "fuck" in Riad. If anything I believe, WM asked Axl/Azoff to drop Riad from CD, or replace it with a different track, and it was refused, so they weren't gonna back an album, that in Wal-Mart stores, would require 17 years or older shoppers to buy. THAT's what happened.

I also question how much money was on the table from WM. Sure WM has more money than BB, but would they allocate that much? They've already got Garth Brooks, The Eagles, AC/DC, now KISS... they don't exactly NEED Guns N' Roses. Something tells me Foreigner didn't exactly get the payday for Can't Slow Down that AC/DC got for Black Ice, or KISS for Sonic Boom. I question the figure that WM was willing to pay for CD, versus BB who's always got this inane idea that they might be able to compete with WM one day, which everyone knows is NEVER gonna happen.

SO... BB overbids for CD in order to steal it from a WM, which was half-interested anyways.

Azoff fired Robin? Bwhahahahaa, yeah right. Azoff doesn't have that authority, and he and Robin know it. Only W. Axl Rose has that authority. Now him firing Robin and an effort to bring back Slash... why? Something tells me Axl would've considered calling Buckethead, before calling Slash, and Azoff most likely would already know this ahead of time. Or the VIABLE option of bringing back Izzy, putting him on rhythm, and sticking Fortus on lead. There are other options out there, before bringing back Slash, and Axl knows this. I don't think he's so dumb as to fall for all of this BS that Azoff was "supposedly" selling.

Rex
 Rep: 50 

Rex wrote:
Axlin08 wrote:
emcitymisfit wrote:

On the one hand, the "leaked and weaker" tracks makes sense. Out of ~70 tracks, the handful that leak are on the record with B-side crap (opinion) like Scraped and This I Love. None are certifiable hits. Catcher, as revealed on this forum a few months ago, was only included after a bit of arm twisting done to Axl.

On the other hand, it seems that the tracks that DID make the album were intended to all along. Axl had mentioned them, played them live, and even offered Shackler's Revenge as the first "official" track in Rock Band 2, a move no one would have signed off on if it were considered a "weaker" track. If The World was on the setlist in 2006, as well.

I don't count anything out when it comes to this band (although Azoff firing Finck behind Axl's back is just implausible, and Axl would never be open to Slash rejoining, that's clear.), and it helps the OP's cause when he admits that what he's posting is "a rumor I heard," and not privileged info.

First off, This I Love is NOT a B-side. Scraped & Riad are B-sides. Sure, I know, some fans think Riad is a great Bucket/Brain track... that's fine... it's filler.

This I Love was one of the intended "big Guns". Whether it hit or not with you or anyone else, that's your opinion, but the song was intended to be big. It might be a B-side on the LP, but it's simply because of track placement, not because of concept.

As for that story, like others have said, it reaks of BBA. So much in it is crap. WM listening to the album and turning it down... I don't buy that. How can WM sit down and listen to a record and go "there's no hit". Bullshit. WM held up because of the fact it was gonna have a PA sticker on it, because Axl says "fuck" in Riad. If anything I believe, WM asked Axl/Azoff to drop Riad from CD, or replace it with a different track, and it was refused, so they weren't gonna back an album, that in Wal-Mart stores, would require 17 years or older shoppers to buy. THAT's what happened.

I also question how much money was on the table from WM. Sure WM has more money than BB, but would they allocate that much? They've already got Garth Brooks, The Eagles, AC/DC, now KISS... they don't exactly NEED Guns N' Roses. Something tells me Foreigner didn't exactly get the payday for Can't Slow Down that AC/DC got for Black Ice, or KISS for Sonic Boom. I question the figure that WM was willing to pay for CD, versus BB who's always got this inane idea that they might be able to compete with WM one day, which everyone knows is NEVER gonna happen.

SO... BB overbids for CD in order to steal it from a WM, which was half-interested anyways.

Azoff fired Robin? Bwhahahahaa, yeah right. Azoff doesn't have that authority, and he and Robin know it. Only W. Axl Rose has that authority. Now him firing Robin and an effort to bring back Slash... why? Something tells me Axl would've considered calling Buckethead, before calling Slash, and Azoff most likely would already know this ahead of time. Or the VIABLE option of bringing back Izzy, putting him on rhythm, and sticking Fortus on lead. There are other options out there, before bringing back Slash, and Axl knows this. I don't think he's so dumb as to fall for all of this BS that Azoff was "supposedly" selling.

Metallica - AJFA has fucking in it and there's no sticker on it.  I bought it at Wal-Mart

faldor
 Rep: 281 

faldor wrote:

"Chinese Democracy" in the US didn't have the sticker on it in Best Buy anyway.  Not sure if the rules would've been different for Wal Mart.

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:

from what i've seen, walmart only occasionally censors albums and only when the content is pretty blatantly offensive to a perceived audience

i really doubt that The ywouldve asked gnr to censor the album on those grounds...unless they were searching for a reason not to get the exclusive....anyway i have not idea the ins and outs of what the negotiations were like for the exclusive deal to happen

izzy will never ever be back for more than an odd show here or there, tbh i dont think there is any viable option on a reunion at this time, too much bad blood .... from what we know anyway

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:
Neemo wrote:

from what i've seen, walmart only occasionally censors albums and only when the content is pretty blatantly offensive to a perceived audience

i really doubt that The ywouldve asked gnr to censor the album on those grounds...unless they were searching for a reason not to get the exclusive....anyway i have not idea the ins and outs of what the negotiations were like for the exclusive deal to happen

izzy will never ever be back for more than an odd show here or there, tbh i dont think there is any viable option on a reunion at this time, too much bad blood .... from what we know anyway

The point being is Axl still has options. I don't think he ever felt cornered by Azoff into a reunion.

And if he's gonna go with that defense, it says something about his own weakness.

But I don't think that's what Axl's saying. What he's saying is that was Azoff's plan. Apparently it didn't work (see DJ Ashba).

Sky Dog wrote:

Axl will always have options because he has talent and charisma.....he is an entertainer and is good at it.

emcitymisfit
 Rep: 28 

emcitymisfit wrote:
Axlin08 wrote:

Not to rehash this argument (TIL sucks vs TIL rules), because I'm not interested in it, but what evidence do you have that it was intended to be big?

Also, if WM did sit down, which track, besides Better, would have the mainstream appeal to bring back GnR? And lets keep in mind that Better was what, 4, 5 years old at that point?

Board footer