You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Re: Axl fires back at Irv with lawsuit

Axlin16 wrote:

Agreed D.

Axl wants them to be contract players, which he was trying to manuever as far back as 1995, when he "left" Guns N' Roses, and took the name with him, but happily invited Slash & Duff to join him, as employees for his business venture.

Slash, Duff, nor Izzy will never be involved on a full-time basis, as Axl's contract players. It's NEVER gonna happen, and Axl's NEVER gonna give them a slice. The only way this change's is if Slash, Duff & Izzy are thrown such a massive, epic sum of money to participate, that they sign on the dotted line because it's just too much to pass up.

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:

^ That's whyI say the "solution" (if one looks at it that way) isn't about money but about the friendship.

Slash and co don't want money, they want the respect of being treated as founding and pivitol members and not minimised as employees.

You'd have to ask Axl what he wants, but I'd have guessed that back in the day he wanted the securtiy of making decisions for himself and not being reliant on what he saw as a bunch of junkies. And the anger he carries now won't be fixed by a cheque from live nation I'd doubt.

What they need to do is connect as humans, and realise that they enjoyed playing with each other, as each gave a unique talent that no one else had, and that life is too short. But in the absence of that kind of realisation, I doubt they'd ever get past the business deal negotiations.

Sky Dog wrote:

If anyone thinks that the Azoff/Axl suit will affect Gnr's status with Livenation, then I guess they were wrong! Livenation appears to be promoting a good portion of the Europe dates later in the summer.

http://www.livenation.nl/artist/guns-n-roses-tickets

faldor
 Rep: 281 

faldor wrote:

Is that different than Live Nation in the US though? Is Azoff in charge of the company internationally?

It could be a situation like with the record company. In his interview with Billboard Axl said he had no problem with Universal international, just domestically.

Sky Dog wrote:

don't know but I would venture to guess Azoff controls all of livenation globally. They are not going to black ball Axl under any set of circumstances. If he can make them money, they will promote him. Real simple.

-D-
 Rep: 231 

-D- wrote:

well they can't blacklist Axl or he'd be able to win the lawsuit and the whole merger would go up in flames. GNR are a viable legendary band, so if they couldn't get booked for a tour, it would be too obvious.

Axlin16

Axlin16 wrote:

Irving Azoff does not handle Live Nation globally. NO ONE has THAT much power.

Azoff is U.S.

Thus the reason they're successfully touring the globe and not the U.S. The U.S. has blacklisted new Guns.

Sky Dog wrote:

It's a worldwide company and you have absolutely NO FACTS to support that Gnr is blacklisted in the US. That is some pure JR Ewing horse dung Ax. lol

Annually Live Nation promotes or produces over 22,000 events, including music concerts, with total attendance exceeding 50 million'”more than the NBA, NFL, and NHL combined.[3] As of September 30, 2005, Live Nation owned or operated 117 venues, consisting of 75 US and 42 international venues. These venues include 39 amphitheatres, 58 theatres, 14 clubs, 4 arenas and 2 festival sites. In addition, through equity, booking or similar arrangements Live Nation has the right to book events at 33 additional venues.

Axlin16

Axlin16 wrote:

Axl Rose told me himself.

That's enough facts for me.

-D-
 Rep: 231 

-D- wrote:

of course they can really blacklist GNR in the US once i think about it. they can point to his many riots, late starts and no shows and just say they don't feel comfortable sponsoring it or insuring it.

Board footer