You are not logged in. Please register or login.

faldor
 Rep: 281 

Re: Axl fires back at Irv with lawsuit

faldor wrote:

There's a pretty large difference between studio tracks and bootleg live tracks from concerts though.  Sure people would have an idea of what the songs are about but I am firsthand proof.  I never liked "Chinese Democracy" all that much until I heard the leaked studio version.  I hated the live boots of Riad, but liked the leaked studio version a heck of a lot more.  Just because people could find "The Blues" from RIRIII, doesn't mean there wouldn't be an interest to hear the finished product.

You can't really control live performances from hitting the net in this day and age, but you certainly CAN control whether your album is streamed on myspace, or at least you should be able to control that.  Obviously in this case, it appears Axl wasn't consulted.

Smoking Guns
 Rep: 330 

Smoking Guns wrote:

Faldor, I am with Axlin08, Axl has no argument, he needs to focus on the real shit Azoff could have fucked up, streaming the album on Myspace wasn't one of them.

faldor
 Rep: 281 

faldor wrote:
Smoking Guns wrote:

Faldor, I am with Axlin08, Axl has no argument, he needs to focus on the real shit Azoff could have fucked up, streaming the album on Myspace wasn't one of them.

He did fuck up if he needed Axl's approval.  And you would think that would be a joint decision between the band, the record company, managament, etc.  Without everyone signing off, it shouldn't have happened.

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

I also want to point out that Activision never consulted Axl on using WTTJ (they state SCOM) in Guitar Hero III, because of the fact they were not breaching anything. Axl had licensed his stake in the back catalog out by that point, they did not use Axl's likeness in the game, and despite what Axl thinks, Slash's likeness was not used towards Guns N' Roses, it was used towards a song HE HELPED WRITE.

Azoff might've promised to go after Activision on Axl's behalf, but he probably found out in seconds what we already know - Axl has no grounds. And it boils down, frankly, to Axl being pissed that Slash cashed in and not him.

At this point, as long as the Guns N' Roses likeness is not being used, no one has to consult Axl on using the back catalog. His share is held by Sanctuary or Uni or whoever bought them and their interests out.

There's truth in Axl's statements, and i'm behind him 100% on the concert debacle, and obviously Azoff was muscleling a reunion... but streaming cost sales... you said you'd sue GH3... those are both a BIG reach.

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:

The album is still being streamed on Myspace, which would tell me Axl does know and is letting it happen.

And tbh, during the first year of the album's release, the album's streaming had nearly the exact amount of hits as the album sold. I don't think they lost anything with it. It was probably the most effective promotion the album had hmm

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

Actually Russ that Azoff statement was discovered earlier in the thread, and Axl directly references the William Bill Bailey thing directly in the countersuit, saying that "William Bill Bailey" does not exist as a legal entity, only "W. Axl Rose" does. So if Azoff is suing William Bill Bailey, that's fine, but Axl's not him.

I also want to inform everyone that Axl Rose is now the #1 search on Yahoo. Axl trying to smack that papparazzi at LAX didn't make it up to #1.

Right now, most articles are actually running with "Axl Rose to fight Ticketmaster/Live Nation monopoly" which is drawing alot more interest. You know, I thought Bruce would be the one to take them on, I never thought it'd be ole' Ax in the end. 16

Smoking Guns

Smoking Guns wrote:

More lame bullshit that in the end, hurts the fans like us the most.  Faldor, stop the blind defending of these rediculouse comments.  And isn't Guitar Hero 3 featuring Welcome to the Jungle???  Now Sweet Child O'Mine.. Who wrote Rose's counter suit?  The same guy that wrote his liner notes?  Its so embarrassing.

PGER83
 Rep: 5 

PGER83 wrote:

Damn not even memorable enough to be referenced by name lol maybe I should post more
but probably won't (more of a lurker at heart).

Smoking Guns

Smoking Guns wrote:

help me out PGER83....

Board footer