You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Communist China
 Rep: 130 

Re: How will the delays effect C.D.'s sales?

The small optimist in me is hoping that Uni and Axl are waiting to see how the music industry adapts to the challenges it is facing right now in 08 and maybe 09 although that's a stretch. And then, when a new way of releasing music, better proven than Prince's, Radiohead's, or Saul + Trent's, presents itself and has positive results, they will let it out.

I want the album as much as anyone, but I can't fool myself into think Uni is gonna drop it when it won't even hit gold.

Will
 Rep: 227 

Will wrote:

I picked up on a few of you mentioning that he needs a good marketing budget but I personally don't buy that. He could easily get the ball rolling for free....

His first step should be MySpace. Guns N Roses has 300855 friends.

To put that in perspective:
HTGTH has 8442 members.
MyGNR has a respectable 29,153 members, but still nowhere near the amount on mySpace.

Just because the GNR fanboards are quiet doesn't mean there is no interest in GNR.

Axl should be throwing Chi Dem down the throats of his "myspace friends" and having them spread the word for him. The hype hasn't died completely, its just stagnating. Axl can easily turn this around by offering some catchy single-material for free.

MySpace is here to stay (unfortunately) and Axl is in a position to abuse it. Abuse the fuck out of it until every single one of those 'friends' has bought a concert ticket, piece of merchandise, referred a friend, downloaded some tunes or dare I say it .... bought Chinese Democracy on CD.

Out of those 300,000+ friends I wonder how many are magazine publications that will mention the free downloads in a printed form? If Axl plans on doing interviews to promote ChiDem he probably has 50-100 magazine editors listed as 'friends'. I'm sure they'd be willing to grant him space on the cover in return for an interview smile

Anyway, thats how I see it 22

Communist China
 Rep: 130 

I don't think Myspace is here to stay. 300,000 Myspace friends doesn't guarantee even 1 early adopter, especially with GN'R.

tejastech08
 Rep: 194 

tejastech08 wrote:

It's going to have pretty craptastic sales. The entire industry is in a free fall right now and that will continue for the foreseeable future. For what it's worth, it'll probably be the most listened to album of this decade thanks to illegal downloading, although obviously not the most purchased.

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:
downliner wrote:

I picked up on a few of you mentioning that he needs a good marketing budget but I personally don't buy that. He could easily get the ball rolling for free....

His first step should be MySpace. Guns N Roses has 300855 friends.

To put that in perspective:
HTGTH has 8442 members.
MyGNR has a respectable 29,153 members, but still nowhere near the amount on mySpace.

Just because the GNR fanboards are quiet doesn't mean there is no interest in GNR.

Axl should be throwing Chi Dem down the throats of his "myspace friends" and having them spread the word for him. The hype hasn't died completely, its just stagnating. Axl can easily turn this around by offering some catchy single-material for free.

MySpace is here to stay (unfortunately) and Axl is in a position to abuse it. Abuse the fuck out of it until every single one of those 'friends' has bought a concert ticket, piece of merchandise, referred a friend, downloaded some tunes or dare I say it .... bought Chinese Democracy on CD.

Out of those 300,000+ friends I wonder how many are magazine publications that will mention the free downloads in a printed form? If Axl plans on doing interviews to promote ChiDem he probably has 50-100 magazine editors listed as 'friends'. I'm sure they'd be willing to grant him space on the cover in return for an interview smile

Anyway, thats how I see it 22

You make valid points, but you wanna know how GNR have treated all those "friends"? Every single time one of those "friends" likes a song that has nothing to do with the old band and puts a 1999-2007 era song on their profile, GNR has that fans song and/or myspace profile deleted immediately.

Great way to treat your "friends". They wont even allow people to like the new band. You can only like songs from the 87-93 period or your nothing to them. The GNR myspace page's only real purpose is to help sell copies of the old band's discography, and that aint no lie.

Will
 Rep: 227 

Will wrote:
Jameslofton wrote:

You make valid points, but you wanna know how GNR have treated all those "friends"? Every single time one of those "friends" likes a song that has nothing to do with the old band and puts a 1999-2007 era song on their profile, GNR has that fans song and/or myspace profile deleted immediately.

Great way to treat your "friends". They wont even allow people to like the new band. You can only like songs from the 87-93 period or your nothing to them. The GNR myspace page's only real purpose is to help sell copies of the old band's discography, and that aint no lie.

Oh shit I forgot about Tsunami terrorising GNR fans who posted links to new songs 14 Yet another great move by the GNR family..... hmm

I think Axl is just trying to keep the unreleased, unapproved stuff as low key as possible.  Plus the record label would also have a problem with the leaks, its not just GNR.

James

James wrote:
Jimmy Zig Zag Bobiadis wrote:

I think Axl is just trying to keep the unreleased, unapproved stuff as low key as possible.  Plus the record label would also have a problem with the leaks, its not just GNR.

There should be no problem with it at all. Its not like people are burning discs of songs no one has heard and selling them. Its fans of the band who want to show their support by having one of their favorite songs on their own personal page.

Other artists let you use unreleased songs on myspace, so I don't see why GNR has to be held to a different standard just because they don't release albums.

GNR really need to ease up on their refusal to allow fans to enjoy the current era.

Jameslofton wrote:

Its not like people are burning discs of songs no one has heard and selling them.

yea they are unfortunately

http://cgi.ebay.com/Guns-N-Roses-Chines … dZViewItem

James

James wrote:
Jimmy Zig Zag Bobiadis wrote:
Jameslofton wrote:

Its not like people are burning discs of songs no one has heard and selling them.

yea they are unfortunately

http://cgi.ebay.com/Guns-N-Roses-Chines … dZViewItem

Then they should go after them. People on myspace aren't making money off the song on their profile. My profile has a huge BH pic floating on it, yet I have to use an MIA song because every GNR song I have ever put on there gets deleted. I just stopped bothering to even put GNR on there anymore.

Board footer