You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Seven
 Rep: 9 

Re: How will the delays effect C.D.'s sales?

Seven wrote:

Just as a side note I have had several people tell me they are hearing an increase in Old GnR being played on  Radio.. this is Geffen's promotional style (suspect they will stick with what has worked historically no mattter who the label is). Subtle sustained NOT in your face. Something I expect to hear/ as a build up for release/ purely speculation but something I have thought for years that other non GnR people are noticing and asking me what is up. (like I know these things). Could be nothing but it is a great example of how the Ghost in the Machine actually does view promotion....

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:

Fair point, but this type of thing happens periodically. Hell, a few years ago, there was almost like a promo blitz of old GNR. I remember the NFL even using Coma in some of their segments.

If there's any sort of marketing strategy behind it, its just Axl and/or Uni trying to sell more albums from the old discography. Jungle, PC, Coma,etc. getting attention doesn't help new GNR at all. It just puts more money in the 87-93 members pockets and reminds people how great that band was.

The only way the current lineup is going to succeed is by standing behind their own material. Jungle isn't going to do it.

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:

i think its more that there is still a buzz about gnr. they toured nearly all of 06 early in 07, VR toured all year this year, and released Libertad then Slash's book and Angel Down, Wieland in the news...people and DJ's are reminded of GnR by the new band and also by VR so they play it

So weird this topic got into this direction, here I am in Best Buy and I start hearing WTTJ playing really loud.

So Ofcourse I have to see where it's coming from and someone was playing Guitar Hero but they had the TV cranked up......as it should be.

the dirt
 Rep: 3 

the dirt wrote:
Seven wrote:

purely speculation but something I have thought for years that other non GnR people are noticing

Chances are you're going to be thinking of this for years to come.

Board footer