You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Re: My Multitrack Remixes (Scraped and Shackler's Revenge)

Sky Dog wrote:
-D- wrote:

Instrumentals show me how weak the guitars are on this album. could be a Korn album or something.

the guitars aren't weak, it just ain't your style.....same with Buzz, Mikka, etc...it is just your opinion.

buzzsaw
 Rep: 423 

buzzsaw wrote:
madagas wrote:
-D- wrote:

Instrumentals show me how weak the guitars are on this album. could be a Korn album or something.

the guitars aren't weak, it just ain't your style.....same with Buzz, Mikka, etc...it is just your opinion.

So...saying they're weak is just someone's opinion, but saying they aren't isn't?  Interesting.

Even with 3 (or more) guitar players, GnR isn't a guitar driven band anymore.  I guess that's an opinion, but one listen to the album supports it.  So from that perspective, it isn't really an opinion that the guitars are weak.  They are - however it was done that way on purpose.

Finck killed this band guitar wise.  I know some people don't want to hear that, but his play is what creates Korn comparisons, not BHs.  Whatever he supposedly added through songwriting is completely ruined by his playing.

Sky Dog wrote:

Well, it is all opinion...obviously. I find some things weak, some things strong....just like with every other Gnr album. Now, if push comes to shove, I would take Slash and Izzy because in the end they have more songs that sound "perfect" to my ears. However, Chinese is very good in spots and those spots carry a lot of weight to me....not as much as my favs from the day but Catcher, Prostitute, and TWAT are damn damn close.

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

deadsouth
 Rep: 10 

deadsouth wrote:

Im sure when all these "little people on a power trip" get bored with the admiration of their horrible "remixes" they will trickle down to us.  Until then, these people need to stop asses out of themselves.

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

I will agree that Robin killed GN'R as a guitar-driven band. The feel just isn't right with his stuff. Maybe the sole exception of Better.

But Bucket certaintly ain't weak, and is the best guitarist ever in Guns. I'd take his TWAT solo and put it up against ANYTHING from Slash in the back catalog, including SCOM & NR.

RussTCB

RussTCB wrote:

removed

Manets
 Rep: 9 

Manets wrote:

floating there are some more. But I know some people who have them all.

RussTCB

RussTCB wrote:

removed

-D-
 Rep: 231 

-D- wrote:

to add to my post, Its just, nothing is very memorable or singable or what have u. Just sounds like a run of the mill Nu Metal album imo.

none of the guitar stuff is iconic sounding stuff as previous GNR.

now i do love CD, and i don't bash it, but in all honesty, the guitar playing *riff wise* is weak

The solos kick ass but as far as straight up guitar riffage.. this album lacks big time.

Board footer