You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Re: My Multitrack Remixes (Scraped and Shackler's Revenge)

Neemo wrote:

cuz all the people that Axl had to write CD were not from that school of thought

Pitman, Axl, Dizzy - Piano/Keys Based
Tommy - Punk
Finck - Industrial
Bucket - More lead than anything
Tobias - dunno, asuming more punk than anything

really the main guys who would be responsible for the main guitar song stuctures come from backgrounds like punk or industrial which is mostly just a powerchord progression...then bucket who fleshes out with leads...but none of them really come from a school of thought with hooks and riffs...not like rock music that the 70s and 80s was built around..IMO anyway...if DJ and Ron have a bigger hand in writing any GnR stuff that should change..again JMO smile

before anyone jumps down my throat about my buckethead claim....i have never heard a riff based song written by him ... maybe i'm wrong, if so please direct me smile what i hear from his is mostly lead guitar melodies

lafayettecopssuck
 Rep: 2 

bucket

LTS
 Rep: 1 

LTS wrote:

Sigh. Why can't every band (and by every band I mean Guns N' Roses) do what NIN does? I think GN'R would be alot better if Axl dropped the label, fired all the managers and just did it all himself. & made free albums. lol

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

Which is a shame, because if he did that, the album would've probably been completely in a month in 1998, and out by the summer.

Board footer