You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Re: Weiland Arrested Again

Yep, that was health reasons.

Also the Japan dates

Nov. 26 - Zepp - Osaka, Japan
Nov. 27 - Zepp - Nagoya, Japan
Nov. 29 - Blitz - Yokohama, Japan
Nov. 30 - Nihon - Budokan - Tokyo, Japan

nugdafied wrote:
DoubleTalkingJive wrote:

Also the Japan dates

I think those shows in Japan were cancelled a bit before this incident happened. The visa excuse still seems fishy.

AtariLegend wrote:

I'm really not saying this as some kinda VR negativity guy, but reading part of that Tmz report, isn't that the kinda thing people use against Axl?

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:

I never bought that visa excuse. Axl has a prior record as well, and that didn't stop GNR from being able to tour there.

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:
DoubleTalkingJive wrote:

Also the Japan dates

I'm thinking maybe he went and got high cos he was pissed off about the Japan visa. That's all the excuse a junkie would need. And i'll give them...scot being back on drugs is a 'health reason' for the aussie cancelations.

Dreamline
 Rep: 64 

Dreamline wrote:
Jameslofton wrote:

I never bought that visa excuse. Axl has a prior record as well, and that didn't stop GNR from being able to tour there.

Well, the GNR shows were before the changes in visa policy took effect.  It may be harder for Axl to get into Japan now.

As fishy as the visa excuse sounds, I can't imagine them bullshitting on that one.  There are government records that could be verified.  Why not just state "health reasons" like they did shortly after.

And as for feeling bad...yeah, addiction sucks, but I can't feel bad for this asshole when he's putting other people in danger.  If he wants to get all fucked up and eventually kill himself, fine.  But, get a taxi or a fucking limo.  It's not like he can't afford it.

The reason I posted the Japan dates is because the accident happened on the 21st before these dates.   It's not all that unlikely that this is what cancelled the show.

Dreamline
 Rep: 64 

Dreamline wrote:
DoubleTalkingJive wrote:

The reason I posted the Japan dates is because the accident happened on the 21st before these dates.   It's not all that unlikely that this is what cancelled the show.

Don't think so.  I just went and checked the thread.  The news about the visa being denied came out on Nov. 14th, so before this incident.

Dreamline wrote:
DoubleTalkingJive wrote:

Don't think so.  I just went and checked the thread.  The news about the visa being denied came out on Nov. 14th, so before this incident.

Ahh I thought it was after.   Well still and all, this is not good for VR, I for one believe that this is the beginning of the end for them.

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:

This is now getting mainstream attention. MTV has jumped on the story:

Velvet Revolver singer Scott Weiland, who has struggled with drug addiction for much of his music career, was arrested for driving under the influence on November 21 in Los Angeles. He is due in court on December 13.

According to a copy of the arrest report posted by TMZ.com on Monday (December 3) and confirmed by a California law-enforcement source, Weiland was driving on a Los Angeles highway around 6:18 p.m. of the 21st when he was involved in a non-injury collision in which it was determined he was at fault. "While the police were investigating the traffic collision, Weiland exhibited signs of impairment," the report read. "The investigation officer administered a series of field sobriety tests to the driver, which he was unable to satisfactorily perform."

The singer was arrested for driving under the influence of a drug and then taken to the LAPD jail in Van Nuys, California, where he allegedly refused to take a blood or urine test. He was later released on $40,000 bail, an amount that is much higher than the typical misdemeanor bail in such a case, likely due to the singer's prior arrests.

On Monday, the singer's management issued a statement saying, "Scott Weiland was recently involved in a minor accident in Los Angeles and denies he was driving under the influence. He voluntarily took a Breathalyzer test, which the defense believes registers well within the legal limit. He is anxious to get to court on December 13 and clear this matter up."

Last month, Velvet Revolver canceled their forthcoming tour of Japan and recently postponed their Australian trek, owing to "the increasingly tough Japanese immigration officials ... taking exception with the backgrounds of various band members, which have included arrests," according to a post on the group's Web site.

Weiland has been arrested multiple times over the past decade for a variety of drug offenses in California and New York, and has spent time in jail on several occasions. He was arrested in 2003 in Hollywood after a traffic accident and charged with driving under the influence of drugs and alcohol, though those charges were eventually dismissed after he successfully completed a drug rehab program and submitted to drug tests.

Weiland, 40, who has not yet been charged by the Los Angeles City Attorney's office, has spoken in the past of putting his drug years behind him. In a 2005 issue of Esquire magazine, he claimed that he was off drugs for good. "The prospect of losing my wife and my children changed everything," he told the magazine about the struggles he's had with second wife, Mary Forsberg, over his drug use; the couple have two children. "I don't think anymore about getting high."

Board footer